The No 2-Minute Warning Radio Show on Blog Talk Radio entered a new time slot and took on a longer air time starting today and I had some kinks to iron out using some new features on my end of things. Technical glitches aside, I was happy to have on Schimri Yoyo, the Big East correspondent for Examiner.com, and Jeremy Mauss, of Mountain West Connection on the SB Nation network, to talk about some of this weekend’s week one college football action.
Yoyo and I do a run down the entire Big East line-up for Thursday, Saturday and Sunday and touch more on the three teams people seem to believe should be in the running for the Big East championship this season; West Virginia, Pittsburgh and South Florida. The Bulls have the big game of the week as Skip Holtz leads the team to South Bend, Indiana to face Notre Dame. You know, where his dad won a national championship? Yeah, it’s a bit of an emotional trip even if the younger Holtz won’t admit to it.
But the bigger games of the weekend happen to involve a pair of Mountain West Conference teams, with TCU taking on Robert Griffin III and the Baylor Bears (revenge factor!) and Boise State heading in to Atlanta to line up with the Georgia Bulldogs of the SEC (neutral site?). Mauss and I take a look at the importance of those games for each MWC member and what exactly should be expected of each heading in to the 2011 season. We also touch on UNLV’s season opener at Wisconsin, but we’ll touch more on that game on Wednesday’s show.
The audio for today’s show is at the bottom of this post.
- Big East coaches teleconference – Big East
- Notes from the Big East Coaches Teleconference – Mark Ennis, Big East Coast Bias
- Returning Big East Quarterback Positive Impact Factor – Patrick Johnston, Big East Coast Bias
- Making the Rounds: Depth charts released, game week is here – Jeremy Mauss, MWC Connection
- Video: Old Navy tackles the Iron Bowl – Kegs ‘N Eggs
- Examiner.com College Football Power Rankings (Week 1) – Examiner.com
- No 2-Minute Warning Powerless Rankings – No2MinuteWarning.com
- Today in College Football History: A Golden Debut for FIU – Saturday Blitz
Note: Being an amateur radio guy, I mistakingly recorded the audio of my phone call to Mauss as we brought him on. Just something I’ll have to figure out moving forward.
If the audio widget is not showing up for you below, click here to listen.