- Wife Knows Best: Week 13 College Football Picks
- How your team will or will not win its conference or division
- Episode 153 – Doug Flutie on the Hail Flutie, Heisman Trophy race, playoffs and the Capital One Cup
- Don’t look now, but Boise State is now biggest threat to Marshall
- Heisman Watch: Wisconsin’s Melvin Gordon ready for B1G Heisman Showdown
- Episode 152 – Previewing Wisconsin-Nebraska
- Wife Knows Best: Week 12 College Football Picks
- McGuire Metric and College Football Playoff Contenders
- Video Mailbag: Hot seats for Hoke and Muschamp, SEC getting two playoff spots and a What If for Michigan State
- Wife Knows Best: Week 11 College Football Picks
Live Feed: Joe Paterno press conference
- Updated: November 8, 2011
Penn State head coach to speak to media, as scheduled
Penn State head coach Joe Paterno will meet with the media as regularly scheduled for his weekly look at Penn State’s upcoming game, this week against Nebraska. The only problem is that most of the assembled media on hand or on the phone for the weekly press conference will want to break down what advantages Penn State has playing at home in what could be a Big Ten championship game preview, nor will many be talking about what it will take for Matt McGloin to lead the offense against one of the tougher defenses he has faced since becoming the starting quarterback.
No, today everyone has something a bit larger on the mind and despite Penn State’s best efforts to try and manage the press conference and conference call today, it could be a futile effort as people will want to know why Paterno did not take further action against former assistant Jerry Sandusky. Having covered Paterno for a relatively short time in an official capacity (three years) I know more than enough to say that Paterno will do everything he can to deflect the attention back on the game and his current players. It is just what Paterno does.
But this is no ordinary press conference. National media outlets and many additional local media outlets are on hand in State College to ask about the child sexual abuse cloud hanging over Beaver Stadium and the rest of the university today.
I can’t say this press conference will develop in to as much of a firestorm as it probably should, but below you can listen to the audio form the press conference. Hopefully it helps those who can’t attend. Paterno typically begins at 12:30 p.m. EST but start listening around 12:20 p.m. just in case they begin early today.