- Why is college football in a rush to change championship methods?
- UConn updates its look for 2015
- Michigan State’s bronze uniform look is growing on me
- Video: Eric LeGrand’s latest achievement unlocked
- UNC’s new uniforms actually make argyle pretty cool
- TCU’s new uniforms for 2015 unveiled
- Who wins a football title first, Wisconsin or Duke? Neither?
- Big Ten looks for first championship double dip in 62 years
- The Big Ten and what to do with the state of Indiana
- Picking the NIT using football logic
Live Feed: Joe Paterno press conference
- Updated: November 8, 2011
Penn State head coach to speak to media, as scheduled
Penn State head coach Joe Paterno will meet with the media as regularly scheduled for his weekly look at Penn State’s upcoming game, this week against Nebraska. The only problem is that most of the assembled media on hand or on the phone for the weekly press conference will want to break down what advantages Penn State has playing at home in what could be a Big Ten championship game preview, nor will many be talking about what it will take for Matt McGloin to lead the offense against one of the tougher defenses he has faced since becoming the starting quarterback.
No, today everyone has something a bit larger on the mind and despite Penn State’s best efforts to try and manage the press conference and conference call today, it could be a futile effort as people will want to know why Paterno did not take further action against former assistant Jerry Sandusky. Having covered Paterno for a relatively short time in an official capacity (three years) I know more than enough to say that Paterno will do everything he can to deflect the attention back on the game and his current players. It is just what Paterno does.
But this is no ordinary press conference. National media outlets and many additional local media outlets are on hand in State College to ask about the child sexual abuse cloud hanging over Beaver Stadium and the rest of the university today.
I can’t say this press conference will develop in to as much of a firestorm as it probably should, but below you can listen to the audio form the press conference. Hopefully it helps those who can’t attend. Paterno typically begins at 12:30 p.m. EST but start listening around 12:20 p.m. just in case they begin early today.