- College Football Playoff Projection: Version 1.2
- Instant replay is great, but it can be better
- Get ready to debate one-loss playoff contenders
- Wife Knows Best: Week 9 college football picks
- Wife Knows Best: Week 8 college football picks
- Heisman Watch: Golson needs some Luck of the Irish vs. Florida State
- Episode 149 – Autograph Signings and Week 8 Preview
- Examining Illinois’ alternate “Gray Ghost” uniform
- Fighting Irish fighting for national respect vs. Florida State
- College Football Playoff Projection: Version 1.1
Journey to the NFL Journal: Marcus Hyde
- Updated: February 21, 2012
Gaining an inside perspective
William & Mary’s Marcus Hyde was a previous guest on the podcast (listen here). Now he returns to give us a look inside his life as he trains in hopes of getting a shot to play in the NFL. Hyde will be updating us in a player’s journal type format whenever he can. This is his first entry.
My name is Marcus Hyde and I am a defensive end out of the College of William and Mary (projected Outside Linebacker). First off I’d like to thank Kevin McGuire and No2minutewarning.com for the opportunity to share this process with everyone.
My agent, Casey Muir from CRM Sports Management, and I started this process by doing some research and finding a great trainer to get me ready for my pro day. Shane Sykes from Elite Athlete Development in Richmond, Virginia is doing a great job of getting my times down and making me stronger so I can hopefully show off for NFL scouts on pro day and possibly get drafted. I’m currently in week 5 of training and have seen gains I’d never thought I could get.
We worked out at about 8am this morning and we did some 10 yard sprints and technique work along with some benching. So far I’ve gained about 5 pounds from when I started, putting me at 256 lbs and I’ve also dropped my 40 about 3 tenths of a second! Today was a great day running 10 yard sprints. I hit some good times, sitting around 1.53-1.55 seconds. As you may not know I had shoulder surgery on November 23rd. Rehab and strengthening my shoulder has been phenomenal thanks to Shane. This morning I benched 300 lbs and aim to do 225 at the pro day for 15+ after having surgery just a few months ago! Looking forward to tomorrow’s workout and I can’t wait till pro day on March 14th. I’ll keep you guys updated, thanks for reading!
Read Hyde’s next entry here.
Follow Marcus on Twitter @Marcus_Hyde.
Hype this up on BallHyped.