- 2015 Preview: Picking Conference USA
- 2015 Preview: Picking the American Athletic Conference
- Off-the-rail radio interview not something Jim Harbaugh needs to worry about
- Navy joins The American: Where AAC goes from here, and what about Army?
- College football returns next month; let’s hope ESPN doesn’t ruin it
- 2014 In Review: Year 2 of the American Athletic Conference
- Derugulation of conference titles would make Group of 5 chase for New Years Six better too
- South Carolina, Steve Spurrier and the Confederate Flag
- A before and after comparison of Syracuse’s new FieldTurf
- Happy (Washington State) Flag Day!
Journey to the NFL Journal: Marcus Hyde
- Updated: February 21, 2012
Gaining an inside perspective
William & Mary’s Marcus Hyde was a previous guest on the podcast (listen here). Now he returns to give us a look inside his life as he trains in hopes of getting a shot to play in the NFL. Hyde will be updating us in a player’s journal type format whenever he can. This is his first entry.
My name is Marcus Hyde and I am a defensive end out of the College of William and Mary (projected Outside Linebacker). First off I’d like to thank Kevin McGuire and No2minutewarning.com for the opportunity to share this process with everyone.
My agent, Casey Muir from CRM Sports Management, and I started this process by doing some research and finding a great trainer to get me ready for my pro day. Shane Sykes from Elite Athlete Development in Richmond, Virginia is doing a great job of getting my times down and making me stronger so I can hopefully show off for NFL scouts on pro day and possibly get drafted. I’m currently in week 5 of training and have seen gains I’d never thought I could get.
We worked out at about 8am this morning and we did some 10 yard sprints and technique work along with some benching. So far I’ve gained about 5 pounds from when I started, putting me at 256 lbs and I’ve also dropped my 40 about 3 tenths of a second! Today was a great day running 10 yard sprints. I hit some good times, sitting around 1.53-1.55 seconds. As you may not know I had shoulder surgery on November 23rd. Rehab and strengthening my shoulder has been phenomenal thanks to Shane. This morning I benched 300 lbs and aim to do 225 at the pro day for 15+ after having surgery just a few months ago! Looking forward to tomorrow’s workout and I can’t wait till pro day on March 14th. I’ll keep you guys updated, thanks for reading!
Read Hyde’s next entry here.
Follow Marcus on Twitter @Marcus_Hyde.
Hype this up on BallHyped.