- Coastal Carolina installing a new teal turf
- New UTSA helmet for 2015 has familiar Longhorn flavor
- UNLV rocking a scarlet helmet in 2015?
- Critics cannot have it both ways with Cardale Jones’ decision
- Final McGuire Metric results: Buckeyes push Big Ten to the top
- The lesson to learn from the 2014 season: Let the season breathe
- My College Football Playoff National Championship Game Prediction
- Episode 159 – Big Ten Bounces Back
- FCS Championship Game: North Dakota State going for history
- Episode 158 – A not so Happy New Year for the SEC?
This may be the most “Alabama” thing ever
- Updated: February 29, 2012
Home Depot uses Alabama championship seasons for aisle numbers
OK, the Mardi Gras parade float poking fun at LSU in the BCS Championship game was pretty good Alabama fans, but that can only be celebrated one day out of the year. But when you need light bulbs, air filters, paint hardware and more for your spring and summer home projects and more, you cannot escape the Alabama pride at this Home Depot in Tuscaloosa.
The aisle numbers at the Tuscaloosa, Alabama Home Depot have been altered to honor the numerous Alabama national championships. Need plumbing supplies? Forget about the usual aisles from 27 to 31. Check down 1973.
In case you were wondering, the in-store layout for this location available online does not alter the aisle numbers, much to the disappointment of this website.
There is a slight flaw in this though, as this particular Home Depot has 41 aisles. Of course, Alabama does have 26 conference titles to brag about too. Perhaps there is enough room in this Home Depot for some more aisle bragging? When it comes to Alabama fans, we expect nothing less.
We cannot confirm that a Lowe’s in Baton Rouge has done a similar concept, but can only do so with half of their store (rimshot).
Hype this up on BallHyped.