- Episode 160 – Counting down to National Signing Day
- Coastal Carolina installing a new teal turf
- New UTSA helmet for 2015 has familiar Longhorn flavor
- UNLV rocking a scarlet helmet in 2015?
- Critics cannot have it both ways with Cardale Jones’ decision
- Final McGuire Metric results: Buckeyes push Big Ten to the top
- The lesson to learn from the 2014 season: Let the season breathe
- My College Football Playoff National Championship Game Prediction
- Episode 159 – Big Ten Bounces Back
- FCS Championship Game: North Dakota State going for history
Episode 106: Reacting to North Carolina’s NCAA sanctions
- Updated: March 13, 2012
Michael Felder of Bleacher Report and In The Bleachers
On Monday the North Carolina Tar Heels learned about their NCAA fate following a lengthy investigation dating back to the summer of 2010. The NCAA issued a one-year postseason ban, a reduction in scholarships and a $50,000 fine, in addition to vacating wins and a few other punishments that will largely go unnoticed by the casual fan. Did UNC get away with one here, or was the punishment fit to the actions, or as the NCAA suggested the lack of action?
We are joined on the podcast by our friend Michael Felder. You know him as the guy behind In The Bleachers, or perhaps as a staff writer over at Crystal Ball Run. Now Felder is a contributor to Bleacher Report’s college football blog, Your Best 11. He is already off to a fast start over there. Of course, Felder is a somewhat regular guest on this podcast and I am always happy to have him on to talk about anything in college football, especially when it comes to his North Carolina Tar Heels.
Felder and I discuss where the Tar Heels go from here, how Larry Fedora and the rest of the program respond and rebound from the postseason ban and loss of scholarships. When we set up this podcast we were initially just going to preview some spring storylines for North Carolina, and we make sure to do a little bit of that as well.
Have a listen to the podcast below, then make sure you are subscribed in iTunes, and following the show on Get Glue! Follow Felder on Twitter @InTheBleachers (follow me too). And don’t forget, this podcast can be heard at anytime on Stitcher Radio (and click here for a promo code to get started and a chance to win $100)!
A portion of this podcast will be featured in our first ever encore presentation Friday evening, airing live on Pioneer Digital TV channels 150 and 152 in Oklahoma, and parts of Texas and Kansas where available. Click here for more information.
If the audio widget does not show up for you, click here to listen.
Hype this up on BallHyped.