- Athlon Sports asks who has better shot at Top 25 finish; Michigan or Nebraska?
- Uniform Updates: Pitt getting new look in 2016, Syracuse bringing No. 44 back
- LSU’s Odell Beckham Jr. puts SEC on top when it comes to Madden NFL covers
- Bobby Bowden says SEC was too difficult for FSU and national title hopes
- Why is college football in a rush to change championship methods?
- UConn updates its look for 2015
- Michigan State’s bronze uniform look is growing on me
- Video: Eric LeGrand’s latest achievement unlocked
- UNC’s new uniforms actually make argyle pretty cool
- TCU’s new uniforms for 2015 unveiled
Marcus Hyde’s NFL Draft Journal: Getting pumped for pro day
- Updated: March 7, 2012
With pro day coming up, Marcus Hyde is getting focused
William & Mary’s Marcus Hyde was a previous guest on the podcast (listen here). Now he is giving us a look inside his life as he trains in hopes of getting a shot to play in the NFL. Read his previous entry here.
One week to go until pro day and I’m feeling great! The past two days have been super easy because Shane [Sykes, trainer] obviously wants us fresh for next week.
Monday we did very little as people were still slightly sore from last week. Worked some more start technique and did some more 10’s. Staying consistently in the mid to low 1.5’s on those.
Tuesday was by far my best day yet though when it came to lateral work. I have been frustrated with the 3 cone since day 1 but I think I finally got it. We did 2 yesterday and the first one felt great and I got a 6.75, then on the second one I actually almost fell when coming around the first turn but that actually helped me get into it faster and I ended up running a faster time, 6.73!
After that we did some shuttles and I’m consistently in the 4.1’s. After checking out the NFL combine results for linebackers and comparing my times, I’m very confident that I’ll kill the pro day next week and hopefully get a shot at the big time!
Thursday we run more 10’s and if we’re feeling good we’ll run a 40. I’ll keep you all posted!
Follow Marcus on Twitter @Marcus_Hyde.
Hype this up on BallHyped.