- Athlon Sports asks who has better shot at Top 25 finish; Michigan or Nebraska?
- Uniform Updates: Pitt getting new look in 2016, Syracuse bringing No. 44 back
- LSU’s Odell Beckham Jr. puts SEC on top when it comes to Madden NFL covers
- Bobby Bowden says SEC was too difficult for FSU and national title hopes
- Why is college football in a rush to change championship methods?
- UConn updates its look for 2015
- Michigan State’s bronze uniform look is growing on me
- Video: Eric LeGrand’s latest achievement unlocked
- UNC’s new uniforms actually make argyle pretty cool
- TCU’s new uniforms for 2015 unveiled
Uniform Madness: Sweet 16 poll updates
- Updated: March 22, 2012
Hopefully by now you have taken notice of the 2012 Worst Uniform Tournament. We are looking to find the absolute worst college football uniform and to do so we have caught on to the March Madness with a tournament of our own.
Readers are submitting their votes through polls for each match-up, round by round. Second round voting is ongoing and will wrap up on Saturday, with the next round starting up next week. Here is a tournament update on where things stand this Thursday morning.
Wyoming should defend their home region against Northwestern, although it is just an eleven percentage point lead right now. The closest contest right now is in the Pro Combat Region, where Colorado State’s pale yellow jerseys are just three percentage points ahead of Michigan State’s Pro Combat uniforms.
It seems a number one seed could be in some trouble on the right side of the bracket. Georgia’s Pro Combat uniforms are in a hole against Pittsburgh’s Pro Combat uniforms from 2010. Could this leave the door open for Maryland’s yellow jerseys as a result, or will Georgia’s Pro Combats come back strong as the week comes to an end?
We have a couple of uniforms that are either pulling away from their opponent or were never threatened. West Virginia’s all old-gold uniforms have a 31 point advantage on Bowling Green in the Maryland Region, while Maryland’s yellow jerseys are crushing Stanford’s all-black uniforms in the Oregon Region. Boise State’s all-orange design is destroying Utah’s military tribute uniforms in the Wyoming Region.
Here are the latest poll updates, as of Thursday morning (click on the match-up links to cast your votes):
- No. 1 Maryland State Pride – 56.67%
No. 8 Michigan throwback – 43.33%
- No. 4 West Virginia old-gold – 65.38%
No. 12 Bowling Green – 34.62%
- No. 3 Wyoming – 55.56%
No. 11 Northwestern alternate – 44.44%
- No. 10 Boise State all-orange – 70.89%
No.15 Utah military tribute – 29.11%
- No. 1 Georgia Pro Combat – 40.74%
No. 9 Pitt Pro Combat – 59.26%
- No. 5 Maryland yellow jersey – 85%
No. 13 Stanford all-black – 15%
Pro Combat Region
- No. 2 Miami Pro Combat – 63.64%
No. 10 Cal all-yellow – 36.36%
- No. 3 Colorado State yellow jerseys – 51.92%
No. 6 Michigan State Pro Combat – 48.08%
These polls will close on Saturday, with the next round set to begin next week. Be sure to make your vote for the worst of the worst count!