- Video Mailbag: Best QB in 2015, Melvin Gordon among the greats, and the Shippensburg bar scene
- Episode 160 – Counting down to National Signing Day
- Coastal Carolina installing a new teal turf
- New UTSA helmet for 2015 has familiar Longhorn flavor
- UNLV rocking a scarlet helmet in 2015?
- Critics cannot have it both ways with Cardale Jones’ decision
- Final McGuire Metric results: Buckeyes push Big Ten to the top
- The lesson to learn from the 2014 season: Let the season breathe
- My College Football Playoff National Championship Game Prediction
- Episode 159 – Big Ten Bounces Back
Check out TCU’s new football helmet for 2012
- Updated: April 9, 2012
TCU keeping the frog-skin pattern from former Pro Combat helmet
The TCU Horned Frogs are ready to move in to the Big 12, and if the photo of this helmet is any indication they will be doing so in style. The photo was shared via Twitter (protected account) by wide receiver Josh Boyce Monday morning.
Previously TCU mailed out ticket packets with a TCU football helmet on the cover, but not too much was picked up from that. In fact, the Horned Frog was still on the helmet. You may remember TCU’s Pro Combat jerseys from the 2010 season, which included this helmet…
So if the helmet in the photo on top is the real deal, we can see the elements pulled from the Pro Combat helmet from 2010. The scale-like pattern remains, even if hidden by a darker color (think of Florida’s Pro Combat helmet from 2010), and the Horned Frog is removed.
TCU has not confirmed publicly that these will be the new helmets, but if they are then nobody here will be complaining.
On a slightly related topic, be sure to cast your vote in the Uniform Madness Tournament to determine the worst college football uniform.
Hype this up on BallHyped.