- Ohio State has some fun with numbers, and is wrong
- Episode 157 – Archie Griffin on the Heisman Trophy and Andy Coppens on Wisconsin’s surprise coaching search
- The Big 12’s biggest problem wasn’t the lack of a championship game
- The McGuire Metric vs. the College Football Playoff
- No 2-Minute Warning Podcast is now on iHeart Radio
- Wife Knows Best: Week 15 College Football Picks
- Episode 156 – The Big 12’s Playoff Picture
- Episode 155 – 2014 Pac-12 Championship Game Preview
- College Football Playoff Projection: Version 1.3
- The College Football Playoff starts now
Check out TCU’s new football helmet for 2012
- Updated: April 9, 2012
TCU keeping the frog-skin pattern from former Pro Combat helmet
The TCU Horned Frogs are ready to move in to the Big 12, and if the photo of this helmet is any indication they will be doing so in style. The photo was shared via Twitter (protected account) by wide receiver Josh Boyce Monday morning.
Previously TCU mailed out ticket packets with a TCU football helmet on the cover, but not too much was picked up from that. In fact, the Horned Frog was still on the helmet. You may remember TCU’s Pro Combat jerseys from the 2010 season, which included this helmet…
So if the helmet in the photo on top is the real deal, we can see the elements pulled from the Pro Combat helmet from 2010. The scale-like pattern remains, even if hidden by a darker color (think of Florida’s Pro Combat helmet from 2010), and the Horned Frog is removed.
TCU has not confirmed publicly that these will be the new helmets, but if they are then nobody here will be complaining.
On a slightly related topic, be sure to cast your vote in the Uniform Madness Tournament to determine the worst college football uniform.
Hype this up on BallHyped.