- 2015 Preview: Picking the Pac-12
- Podcast: Discussing Maurice Clarett’s latest impact on college football with Aaron Torres
- 2015 college football new season resolutions
- 2015 Preview: Picking the Big Ten
- Podcast: The Thinking Fan’s Guide to Year 2 of the College Football Playoff with Stewart Mandel
- Re-casting Fantastic Four with college football’s mightiest
- Sports Illustrated college football preseason preview issues feature Ohio State, TCU, Dak Prescott and Notre Dame
- 2015 Preview: Picking the Big 12
- State of Ohio trumps preseason football predictions
- 2015 Preview: Picking the ACC
Check out TCU’s new football helmet for 2012
- Updated: April 9, 2012
TCU keeping the frog-skin pattern from former Pro Combat helmet
The TCU Horned Frogs are ready to move in to the Big 12, and if the photo of this helmet is any indication they will be doing so in style. The photo was shared via Twitter (protected account) by wide receiver Josh Boyce Monday morning.
Previously TCU mailed out ticket packets with a TCU football helmet on the cover, but not too much was picked up from that. In fact, the Horned Frog was still on the helmet. You may remember TCU’s Pro Combat jerseys from the 2010 season, which included this helmet…
So if the helmet in the photo on top is the real deal, we can see the elements pulled from the Pro Combat helmet from 2010. The scale-like pattern remains, even if hidden by a darker color (think of Florida’s Pro Combat helmet from 2010), and the Horned Frog is removed.
TCU has not confirmed publicly that these will be the new helmets, but if they are then nobody here will be complaining.
On a slightly related topic, be sure to cast your vote in the Uniform Madness Tournament to determine the worst college football uniform.
Hype this up on BallHyped.