- Coastal Carolina installing a new teal turf
- New UTSA helmet for 2015 has familiar Longhorn flavor
- UNLV rocking a scarlet helmet in 2015?
- Critics cannot have it both ways with Cardale Jones’ decision
- Final McGuire Metric results: Buckeyes push Big Ten to the top
- The lesson to learn from the 2014 season: Let the season breathe
- My College Football Playoff National Championship Game Prediction
- Episode 159 – Big Ten Bounces Back
- FCS Championship Game: North Dakota State going for history
- Episode 158 – A not so Happy New Year for the SEC?
Episode 111: What’s next for Arkansas, Bobby Petrino?
- Updated: April 12, 2012
Stephen Prather of Coaches By The Numbers shares his thoughts
Now the question at hand is just what will happen next for the Razorbacks, leading in to a season that had every reason to be full of high expectations in the SEC and perhaps the BCS? Athletic Director Jeff Long said that he would begin work on a coaching search for the football program immediately after his press conference Tuesday night.
Long’s options are pretty clear.
- Stick with an interim head coach for the rest of the spring and the 2011 season.
- Make a rushed hire before the 2012 season, risking the chance that better options will be available at the end of the season.
- Hire Jon Gruden or Bill Parcells.
- Or Sean Payton.
As I generally do when we have topics about coaching searches to discuss, I called on Stephen Prather from Coaches By The Numbers to see what he had to say.
Should Arkansas move with an interim head coach this season, or look to rush a coaching hire now? How is the situation Arkansas is in similar, or different from what Ohio State and North Carolina experienced in 2011? How long will it be until Bobby Petrino is back on a sideline coaching a team once again?
Have a listen to the podcast below, then make sure you are subscribed in iTunes, and following the show on Get Glue! Follow Coaches By The Numbers on Twitter @CoachesBTN (follow me too). And don’t forget, this podcast can be heard at anytime on Stitcher Radio (and click here for a promo code to get started and a chance to win $100)!
A portion of this podcast will be featured in our first ever encore presentation Friday evening, airing live on Pioneer Digital TV channels 150 and 152 in Oklahoma, and parts of Texas and Kansas where available. Click here for more information.
If the audio widget does not show up for you, click here to listen.
Hype this up on BallHyped.