- 2015 Preview: Picking the ACC
- Preparing for another year of TCU and Baylor ruling the Bizzaro Big 12
- Power ranking Appalachian State’s 21 (yes, 21) new uniform combinations
- 2015 Preview: Picking the Mountain West Conference
- Why I applaud Braxton Miller’s refreshing dedication to Ohio State Buckeyes
- Podcast: An early preview of Pac-12 Media Days with Kyle Kensing
- Podcast: Mid-summer prep for college football
- Q&A: The state of BYU football in 2015, with Mitch Harper
- 2015 Preview: Picking Conference USA
- 2015 Preview: Picking the American Athletic Conference
Episode 111: What’s next for Arkansas, Bobby Petrino?
- Updated: April 12, 2012
Stephen Prather of Coaches By The Numbers shares his thoughts
Now the question at hand is just what will happen next for the Razorbacks, leading in to a season that had every reason to be full of high expectations in the SEC and perhaps the BCS? Athletic Director Jeff Long said that he would begin work on a coaching search for the football program immediately after his press conference Tuesday night.
Long’s options are pretty clear.
- Stick with an interim head coach for the rest of the spring and the 2011 season.
- Make a rushed hire before the 2012 season, risking the chance that better options will be available at the end of the season.
- Hire Jon Gruden or Bill Parcells.
- Or Sean Payton.
As I generally do when we have topics about coaching searches to discuss, I called on Stephen Prather from Coaches By The Numbers to see what he had to say.
Should Arkansas move with an interim head coach this season, or look to rush a coaching hire now? How is the situation Arkansas is in similar, or different from what Ohio State and North Carolina experienced in 2011? How long will it be until Bobby Petrino is back on a sideline coaching a team once again?
Have a listen to the podcast below, then make sure you are subscribed in iTunes, and following the show on Get Glue! Follow Coaches By The Numbers on Twitter @CoachesBTN (follow me too). And don’t forget, this podcast can be heard at anytime on Stitcher Radio (and click here for a promo code to get started and a chance to win $100)!
A portion of this podcast will be featured in our first ever encore presentation Friday evening, airing live on Pioneer Digital TV channels 150 and 152 in Oklahoma, and parts of Texas and Kansas where available. Click here for more information.
If the audio widget does not show up for you, click here to listen.
Hype this up on BallHyped.