- 2015 Preview: Picking Conference USA
- 2015 Preview: Picking the American Athletic Conference
- Off-the-rail radio interview not something Jim Harbaugh needs to worry about
- Navy joins The American: Where AAC goes from here, and what about Army?
- College football returns next month; let’s hope ESPN doesn’t ruin it
- 2014 In Review: Year 2 of the American Athletic Conference
- Derugulation of conference titles would make Group of 5 chase for New Years Six better too
- South Carolina, Steve Spurrier and the Confederate Flag
- A before and after comparison of Syracuse’s new FieldTurf
- Happy (Washington State) Flag Day!
Episode 113: The John L. Smith Debate
- Updated: April 24, 2012
Aaron Torres discusses Arkansas hiring John L. Smith
In the history of American civilization there have been some top-notch debates worth noting.
Whether or not Arkansas hiring John L. Smith will ever reach those high standards in the history of great debates remains to be seen for sure, but we’ll take a stab in the dark that it will not quite reach elite status. That’s OK, because we will just throw in to the closet full of college football debates that may be more appropriate anyway.
By now you know that Arkansas named former special teams coach John L. Smith as their interim head coach, just months after Smith accepted the job at FCS Weber State. You know how I feel about it, which I reiterated on the radio last night. One of my college football pals has a different read on the situation though, so in the interest of being fair and balanced (FOX News’d) I decided to have him on to share his viewpoint. Aaron Torres, co-managing editor at Crystal Ball Run, spent some time with me this morning breaking down the pros and cons of Arkansas hiring John L. Smith.
Have a listen to the podcast below, then make sure you are subscribed in iTunes, and following the show on Get Glue! Follow Torres on Twitter @Aaron_Torres and Crystal Ball Run @CrystalBallRun (follow me too). And don’t forget, this podcast can be heard at anytime on Stitcher Radio (and click here for a promo code to get started and a chance to win $100)!
A portion of this podcast will be featured in our first ever encore presentation Friday evening, airing live on Pioneer Digital TV channels 150 and 152 in Oklahoma, and parts of Texas and Kansas where available. Click here for more information.
If the audio widget does not show up for you, click here to listen.
Hype this up on BallHyped.