- Off-the-rail radio interview not something Jim Harbaugh needs to worry about
- Navy joins The American: Where AAC goes from here, and what about Army?
- College football returns next month; let’s hope ESPN doesn’t ruin it
- 2014 In Review: Year 2 of the American Athletic Conference
- Derugulation of conference titles would make Group of 5 chase for New Years Six better too
- South Carolina, Steve Spurrier and the Confederate Flag
- A before and after comparison of Syracuse’s new FieldTurf
- Happy (Washington State) Flag Day!
- Athlon Sports asks who has better shot at Top 25 finish; Michigan or Nebraska?
- Uniform Updates: Pitt getting new look in 2016, Syracuse bringing No. 44 back
Marcus Hyde’s NFL Draft Journal: Getting the call to the NFL
- Updated: April 29, 2012
Our guy gets the call!
William & Mary’s Marcus Hyde was a previous guest on the podcast (listen here). Now he is giving us a look inside his life as he trains in hopes of getting a shot to play in the NFL. Read his previous entry here.
Hey football fans!
Its been a brutal past few weeks, lots of highs, a few more lows, but I stuck through it and some good happened in the end. I attempted to do some CFL try outs over the past few weeks but small injuries crept up and I decided not to do them in case I got invited to an NFL camp.
The draft ended today and I knew I wouldn’t get drafted but figured I’d get a call right after for a free agent contract or camp invite (basically the same thing before mini-camp) but it all came and went and I eventually talked to Casey [agent], he told me he had no official news about anything and that he’ll talk to me tomorrow.
Then two minutes later he calls me back “Marcus, I’m driving home right now and I JUST got an email from Bruce Allen, the GM of the Redskins, they want you in their mini-camp!!” So my demeanor changed instantly and I couldn’t be happier!
This is what I wanted, a shot at my dream, and thanks to Casey, I’m getting it. I’ll let you all know how it goes next week! Thanks for reading!
Congratulations and best of luck to Marcus as he continues to work for a shot at playing in the NFL. We look forward to keeping tabs on his progress moving forward! Read the full journal from Marcus to follow the progress from start to finish.
Follow Marcus on Twitter @Marcus_Hyde.
Hype this up on BallHyped.