- Picking the NIT using football logic
- Picking the NCAA Basketball Tournament by who would win in football
- Tulane adds a matte black helmet to its (hopefully) alternate uniform in 2015
- SEC names Greg Sankey new commissioner, and he’s already one of the most powerful men in college football
- If Chip Kelly gets run out of NFL, he can always come home
- 5 college football stadiums ready to drop the puck for the NHL
- Episode 161 – Skipping around spring football stories with Braden Gall
- This alternate matte-black helmet for Texas is not happening
- What color is this college football uniform?
- Diving in to the world of concept helmets
Marcus Hyde’s NFL Draft Journal: Talking to NFL teams, open to CFL opportunities
- Updated: April 7, 2012
Marcus Hyde leaves door to CFL open
William & Mary’s Marcus Hyde was a previous guest on the podcast (listen here). Now he is giving us a look inside his life as he trains in hopes of getting a shot to play in the NFL. Read his previous entry here.
It’s been a few weeks since pro day now and I’m still keeping busy with training. I still go up to Richmond but only three times a week now. We’re doing a lot more conditioning and football specific drills compared to the combine drills we did before pro day.
Shane [Sykes, trainer] has told us the reason why we go so fast with the reps and do so much is because if we get into a training camp the rookies usually take almost all the reps. So we have to be ready for that. I’ve definitely seen a lot of improvement in my speed and strength, not to mention I’m putting on more muscle from all this working out.
Aside from Casey [Muir], my agent, talking to NFL teams I’m going to try to get to as many CFL (Canadian Football League) try outs as I can so I can get my name out there. I wouldn’t mind it at all playing in the CFL, I just want to play ball! I’ll keep you guys updated, thanks for reading!
Follow Marcus on Twitter @Marcus_Hyde.
Hype this up on BallHyped.