- 2015 Preview: Picking Conference USA
- 2015 Preview: Picking the American Athletic Conference
- Off-the-rail radio interview not something Jim Harbaugh needs to worry about
- Navy joins The American: Where AAC goes from here, and what about Army?
- College football returns next month; let’s hope ESPN doesn’t ruin it
- 2014 In Review: Year 2 of the American Athletic Conference
- Derugulation of conference titles would make Group of 5 chase for New Years Six better too
- South Carolina, Steve Spurrier and the Confederate Flag
- A before and after comparison of Syracuse’s new FieldTurf
- Happy (Washington State) Flag Day!
Uniform Madness: Maryland upsets Maryland!!!
- Updated: April 16, 2012
Maryland’s yellow jerseys voted worst uniform of all
Sometimes a Cinderella team can win the big prize at the end. Maryland’s yellow jersey uniform combinations, a five-seed out of the Oregon Region, have stunned Maryland’s much-maligned state pride uniforms, the tournament’s top-overall seed from the Maryland Region, in the championship round of our Worst College Football Uniform Tournament. You, the readers, voted the yellow jersey combo from the Terps to be worse than the State Pride uniforms? Honestly, I don’t know what you are all thinking, but this is a democratic society and the votes were counted by an independent source, so c’est la vie.
Maryland’s yellow football jerseys received 56.67 percent of the votes in the championship round over the course of the week. Quite frankly, this is a significant upset, because I actually kind of like Maryland’s yellow jerseys (fully aware that it violates the Yellow Uniform Code). So why so much disdain for this particular uniform compared to the one that actually looks like two separate uniforms sewn together in a middle school
home economics family and consumer sciences class?
Maryland’s yellow jersey reached the championship round by knocking off Colorado State’s own yellow jerseys in the Final Four, Pittsburgh’s 2010 Pro Combat uniform, Stanford’s all-black uniform, and Virginia Tech’s orange helmet uniform combo.
From here we will begin to put together the 2013 Worst Uniform Tournament, which will begin next March with a full 64-uniform tournament. Until then the selection committee will review the profiles of all eligible participants for the next tournament. With Missouri showing off their new uniforms over the weekend and Eastern Michigan ready to sport a new uniform assortment as well, we know we are going to have a number of uniforms to review for the 2013 tournament.
Hype this up on BallHyped.