- Michigan State’s bronze uniform look is growing on me
- Video: Eric LeGrand’s latest achievement unlocked
- UNC’s new uniforms actually make argyle pretty cool
- TCU’s new uniforms for 2015 unveiled
- Who wins a football title first, Wisconsin or Duke? Neither?
- Big Ten looks for first championship double dip in 62 years
- The Big Ten and what to do with the state of Indiana
- Picking the NIT using football logic
- Picking the NCAA Basketball Tournament by who would win in football
- Tulane adds a matte black helmet to its (hopefully) alternate uniform in 2015
Uniform Madness: Maryland upsets Maryland!!!
- Updated: April 16, 2012
Maryland’s yellow jerseys voted worst uniform of all
Sometimes a Cinderella team can win the big prize at the end. Maryland’s yellow jersey uniform combinations, a five-seed out of the Oregon Region, have stunned Maryland’s much-maligned state pride uniforms, the tournament’s top-overall seed from the Maryland Region, in the championship round of our Worst College Football Uniform Tournament. You, the readers, voted the yellow jersey combo from the Terps to be worse than the State Pride uniforms? Honestly, I don’t know what you are all thinking, but this is a democratic society and the votes were counted by an independent source, so c’est la vie.
Maryland’s yellow football jerseys received 56.67 percent of the votes in the championship round over the course of the week. Quite frankly, this is a significant upset, because I actually kind of like Maryland’s yellow jerseys (fully aware that it violates the Yellow Uniform Code). So why so much disdain for this particular uniform compared to the one that actually looks like two separate uniforms sewn together in a middle school
home economics family and consumer sciences class?
Maryland’s yellow jersey reached the championship round by knocking off Colorado State’s own yellow jerseys in the Final Four, Pittsburgh’s 2010 Pro Combat uniform, Stanford’s all-black uniform, and Virginia Tech’s orange helmet uniform combo.
From here we will begin to put together the 2013 Worst Uniform Tournament, which will begin next March with a full 64-uniform tournament. Until then the selection committee will review the profiles of all eligible participants for the next tournament. With Missouri showing off their new uniforms over the weekend and Eastern Michigan ready to sport a new uniform assortment as well, we know we are going to have a number of uniforms to review for the 2013 tournament.
Hype this up on BallHyped.