- Video Mailbag: Best QB in 2015, Melvin Gordon among the greats, and the Shippensburg bar scene
- Episode 160 – Counting down to National Signing Day
- Coastal Carolina installing a new teal turf
- New UTSA helmet for 2015 has familiar Longhorn flavor
- UNLV rocking a scarlet helmet in 2015?
- Critics cannot have it both ways with Cardale Jones’ decision
- Final McGuire Metric results: Buckeyes push Big Ten to the top
- The lesson to learn from the 2014 season: Let the season breathe
- My College Football Playoff National Championship Game Prediction
- Episode 159 – Big Ten Bounces Back
Episode 116 – Getting educated with The Essential Smart Football
- Updated: May 25, 2012
Chris Brown, Best-selling author on Amazon
Today we do more than recite our A-B-C’s and 1-2-3’s. It’s time to take football knowledge to the next level.
Today we talk to Chris Brown, author of Amazon’s number one rated football book “The Essential Smart Football.” Brown, of course, can be found on his own website, Smart Football, and is a contributing writer at Grantland. You have probably already heard Brown on a number of other fine podcasts by now, so you may be wondering just why you should listen to one more. Right?
In addition to discussing the process of publishing the book, Brown discusses the characteristics of what makes a good college coach and compares them to the values of being a successful coach at the NFL. Why is it hard to have the same level of success? Brown shares his opinion.
We also expand on a couple of topics that are discussed in the book. Will Urban Meyer be able to implement his spread style offense at Ohio State, and in a conference typically known for their old-fashioned brand of football? How soon should Washington State Cougars fans expect Mike Leach to turn their football fortunes around?
Hopefully that sheds some light on some new discussions from previous podcast appearances for Brown.
Have a listen to the podcast below, then make sure you are subscribed in iTunes, and following the show on Get Glue! Follow Brown on Twitter @smartfootball (follow me too). And don’t forget, this podcast can be heard at anytime on Stitcher Radio (and click here for a promo code to get started and a chance to win $100)!
A portion of this podcast will be featured in our first ever encore presentation Friday evening, airing live on Pioneer Digital TV channels 150 and 152 in Oklahoma, and parts of Texas and Kansas where available. Click here for more information.
Also, be sure to find out how you can enter for a chance to win a VIP trip to the Pennsylvania 400! Hurry, time is running out!
If the audio widget does not show up for you, click here to listen.
Hype this up on BallHyped.
Follow No 2-Minute Warning on Twitter @No2MinWarning and Like No 2-Minute Warning on Facebook.