It would be more fitting if this was the #14 car since it was their 14th Championship. Are there any plans to make a diecast of the car. I bet it would sell really well!
- CFB Playoff coaches decorate for the holidays (video)
- Ohio State has some fun with numbers, and is wrong
- Episode 157 – Archie Griffin on the Heisman Trophy and Andy Coppens on Wisconsin’s surprise coaching search
- The Big 12’s biggest problem wasn’t the lack of a championship game
- The McGuire Metric vs. the College Football Playoff
- No 2-Minute Warning Podcast is now on iHeart Radio
- Wife Knows Best: Week 15 College Football Picks
- Episode 156 – The Big 12’s Playoff Picture
- Episode 155 – 2014 Pac-12 Championship Game Preview
- College Football Playoff Projection: Version 1.3
NASCAR driver Clint Bowyer to honor Crimson Tide at Talladega
- Updated: May 2, 2012
Bowyer’s car honors BCS champion Alabama
Talk about playing to the home crowd. NASCAR driver Clint Bowyer will drive his No. 15 car this weekend in Talladega with a public shout out to the BCS champion Alabama Crimson Tide. The hood of the Toyota race car will feature a National Champions logo along with the Alabama “A” logo, while the rest of the car will be painted in a crimson and white scheme. Alabama owns 14 national championships, which leads me to believe that the next time Alabama wins a national championship (next year? two years?) Bowyer will not shy away from taking full advantage of the opportunity to get race fans to give him a “Roll Tide!”
In addition to the painted car, Bowyer will also have the image of Paul “Bear” Bryant painted on his helmet, shown below.
It must be at least a little bit humbling for Bowyer, a Kansas native and big time Kansas Jayhawks fan to wear the Alabama colors, but he says he is OK with it. His sponsor, Aaron’s, is a big sponsor of Alabama athletics as well. With the race taking place in the state of Alabama, it just seemed like the right thing to do.
HT: Business Insider
Follow on Twitter @No2MinWarning and Like No 2-Minute Warning on Facebook.