- Michigan State’s bronze uniform look is growing on me
- Video: Eric LeGrand’s latest achievement unlocked
- UNC’s new uniforms actually make argyle pretty cool
- TCU’s new uniforms for 2015 unveiled
- Who wins a football title first, Wisconsin or Duke? Neither?
- Big Ten looks for first championship double dip in 62 years
- The Big Ten and what to do with the state of Indiana
- Picking the NIT using football logic
- Picking the NCAA Basketball Tournament by who would win in football
- Tulane adds a matte black helmet to its (hopefully) alternate uniform in 2015
87. The Golden Boot
- Updated: June 4, 2012
100 Reasons to love college football
The rivalry between LSU and Arkansas dates back to 1901 but the 175 pound Golden Boot trophy did not come around until 1996, four years after Arkansas joined the SEC from the old Southwest Conference. The post-Thanksgiving game has become one of the more entertaining games to watch every year and has seen its fair share of memorable moments.
The first Golden Boot game went to LSU in a 17-7 decision, but the following six seasons saw the trophy exchange ownership on an annual basis. The 2007 game saw Darren McFadden rush for 206 yards in a 50-48 triple overtime thriller that was thought to take LSU out of the BCS championship picture (wrong!). It was the only time Arkansas defeated LSU twice in a row during the Golden Boot era.
LSU leads the Golden Boot series 10-6 entering 2012.