- Podcast: Going on record with CFB Playoff picks and Week 1
- Tim Beckman gets a fast pass to the 2015 Coaching Carousel
- 2015 Preview: Picking the Pac-12
- Podcast: Discussing Maurice Clarett’s latest impact on college football with Aaron Torres
- 2015 college football new season resolutions
- 2015 Preview: Picking the Big Ten
- Podcast: The Thinking Fan’s Guide to Year 2 of the College Football Playoff with Stewart Mandel
- Re-casting Fantastic Four with college football’s mightiest
- Sports Illustrated college football preseason preview issues feature Ohio State, TCU, Dak Prescott and Notre Dame
- 2015 Preview: Picking the Big 12
87. The Golden Boot
- Updated: June 4, 2012
100 Reasons to love college football
The rivalry between LSU and Arkansas dates back to 1901 but the 175 pound Golden Boot trophy did not come around until 1996, four years after Arkansas joined the SEC from the old Southwest Conference. The post-Thanksgiving game has become one of the more entertaining games to watch every year and has seen its fair share of memorable moments.
The first Golden Boot game went to LSU in a 17-7 decision, but the following six seasons saw the trophy exchange ownership on an annual basis. The 2007 game saw Darren McFadden rush for 206 yards in a 50-48 triple overtime thriller that was thought to take LSU out of the BCS championship picture (wrong!). It was the only time Arkansas defeated LSU twice in a row during the Golden Boot era.
LSU leads the Golden Boot series 10-6 entering 2012.