- Athlon Sports asks who has better shot at Top 25 finish; Michigan or Nebraska?
- Uniform Updates: Pitt getting new look in 2016, Syracuse bringing No. 44 back
- LSU’s Odell Beckham Jr. puts SEC on top when it comes to Madden NFL covers
- Bobby Bowden says SEC was too difficult for FSU and national title hopes
- Why is college football in a rush to change championship methods?
- UConn updates its look for 2015
- Michigan State’s bronze uniform look is growing on me
- Video: Eric LeGrand’s latest achievement unlocked
- UNC’s new uniforms actually make argyle pretty cool
- TCU’s new uniforms for 2015 unveiled
87. The Golden Boot
- Updated: June 4, 2012
100 Reasons to love college football
The rivalry between LSU and Arkansas dates back to 1901 but the 175 pound Golden Boot trophy did not come around until 1996, four years after Arkansas joined the SEC from the old Southwest Conference. The post-Thanksgiving game has become one of the more entertaining games to watch every year and has seen its fair share of memorable moments.
The first Golden Boot game went to LSU in a 17-7 decision, but the following six seasons saw the trophy exchange ownership on an annual basis. The 2007 game saw Darren McFadden rush for 206 yards in a 50-48 triple overtime thriller that was thought to take LSU out of the BCS championship picture (wrong!). It was the only time Arkansas defeated LSU twice in a row during the Golden Boot era.
LSU leads the Golden Boot series 10-6 entering 2012.