- Preparing for another year of TCU and Baylor ruling the Bizzaro Big 12
- Power ranking Appalachian State’s 21 (yes, 21) new uniform combinations
- 2015 Preview: Picking the Mountain West Conference
- Why I applaud Braxton Miller’s refreshing dedication to Ohio State Buckeyes
- Podcast: An early preview of Pac-12 Media Days with Kyle Kensing
- Podcast: Mid-summer prep for college football
- Q&A: The state of BYU football in 2015, with Mitch Harper
- 2015 Preview: Picking Conference USA
- 2015 Preview: Picking the American Athletic Conference
- Tennessee joins the Nike family and shows off new uniforms
87. The Golden Boot
- Updated: June 4, 2012
100 Reasons to love college football
The rivalry between LSU and Arkansas dates back to 1901 but the 175 pound Golden Boot trophy did not come around until 1996, four years after Arkansas joined the SEC from the old Southwest Conference. The post-Thanksgiving game has become one of the more entertaining games to watch every year and has seen its fair share of memorable moments.
The first Golden Boot game went to LSU in a 17-7 decision, but the following six seasons saw the trophy exchange ownership on an annual basis. The 2007 game saw Darren McFadden rush for 206 yards in a 50-48 triple overtime thriller that was thought to take LSU out of the BCS championship picture (wrong!). It was the only time Arkansas defeated LSU twice in a row during the Golden Boot era.
LSU leads the Golden Boot series 10-6 entering 2012.