- Is there really SEC bias out there?
- Heisman Watch: TCU’s Trevone Boykin a rising star
- Wife Knows Best: Week 10 college football picks
- Episode 150: Finally talking about College Football Playoff Rankings
- College Football Playoff Projection: Version 1.2
- Instant replay is great, but it can be better
- Get ready to debate one-loss playoff contenders
- Wife Knows Best: Week 9 college football picks
- Wife Knows Best: Week 8 college football picks
- Heisman Watch: Golson needs some Luck of the Irish vs. Florida State
87. The Golden Boot
- Updated: June 4, 2012
100 Reasons to love college football
The rivalry between LSU and Arkansas dates back to 1901 but the 175 pound Golden Boot trophy did not come around until 1996, four years after Arkansas joined the SEC from the old Southwest Conference. The post-Thanksgiving game has become one of the more entertaining games to watch every year and has seen its fair share of memorable moments.
The first Golden Boot game went to LSU in a 17-7 decision, but the following six seasons saw the trophy exchange ownership on an annual basis. The 2007 game saw Darren McFadden rush for 206 yards in a 50-48 triple overtime thriller that was thought to take LSU out of the BCS championship picture (wrong!). It was the only time Arkansas defeated LSU twice in a row during the Golden Boot era.
LSU leads the Golden Boot series 10-6 entering 2012.