- 2015 Preview: Picking Conference USA
- 2015 Preview: Picking the American Athletic Conference
- Off-the-rail radio interview not something Jim Harbaugh needs to worry about
- Navy joins The American: Where AAC goes from here, and what about Army?
- College football returns next month; let’s hope ESPN doesn’t ruin it
- 2014 In Review: Year 2 of the American Athletic Conference
- Derugulation of conference titles would make Group of 5 chase for New Years Six better too
- South Carolina, Steve Spurrier and the Confederate Flag
- A before and after comparison of Syracuse’s new FieldTurf
- Happy (Washington State) Flag Day!
89. The Washington State flag on ESPN GameDay
- Updated: June 2, 2012
100 Reasons to love college football
I used to think that there were Washington State alums around the country having some fun with ESPN GameDay. I know now that the operation is much more planned out and coordinated than that, as there is a manual for execution and instructions and all. Using the logic of “If they won’t come here, we’ll go there,” I admire the dedication to ensuring their favorite school’s logo is seen on national television regardless of the quality of play in Pullman these days.
True dedication and school pride is the only way I can describe this Saturday tradition. Unless I am mistaken, the string of consecutive appearances by the flag ended during last season’s final GameDay, airing from inside the site of the BCS Championship game between Auburn and Oregon.
Shame on you ESPN for not at least having a mini WSU flag on your desk at some point.