- Athlon Sports asks who has better shot at Top 25 finish; Michigan or Nebraska?
- Uniform Updates: Pitt getting new look in 2016, Syracuse bringing No. 44 back
- LSU’s Odell Beckham Jr. puts SEC on top when it comes to Madden NFL covers
- Bobby Bowden says SEC was too difficult for FSU and national title hopes
- Why is college football in a rush to change championship methods?
- UConn updates its look for 2015
- Michigan State’s bronze uniform look is growing on me
- Video: Eric LeGrand’s latest achievement unlocked
- UNC’s new uniforms actually make argyle pretty cool
- TCU’s new uniforms for 2015 unveiled
Episode 122 – Recapping 2012 BYU Football Media Day
- Updated: June 28, 2012
Mitch Harper from Cougar Center talks BYU football
Perhaps you missed it on Wednesday (I did), but BYU held their annual media day yesterday to kick off media day season around college football. Entering year number two as a football independent I was wondering what the vibe around the program was in 2012, as conference realignment has continued since BYU left the Mountain West Conference last summer.
TCU is joining the Big 12. So is West Virginia. Boise State is still mulling a departure for the Big East, in which San Diego State would join them. Texas A&M and Missouri are leaving the Big 12 for the SEC. With all of these changes (and more in the works) you might be wondering just how long BYU will remain an independent. There had been some Big East rumors in the mix, and some continue to believe the Big 12 could be an option, but in truth I cannot answer this question.
To help get some insight on the state of the BYU football program I decided to call in an expert on the Cougars. So joining me on the podcast today is Mitch Harper, one of the hosts for the Cougar Center podcast. We discussed some of the news coming out of BYU’s media day as well as the future of the program in terms of realignment. Is BYU content with their situation? How important is the rivalry with Utah still, or is the focus shifting on one or two new rivalries? What value does ESPN continue to offer BYU, and can they return to national glory by following the path ESPN once opened for Boise State?
Oh, and we also discussed this year’s team and schedule a little bit. I feel we covered a lot of ground in about 25 minutes, so I hope you will feel the same way and enjoy.
Have a listen to the podcast below, then make sure you are subscribed in iTunes, and following the show on Get Glue! Follow Cougar Center on Twitter @Cougar_Center (follow me too). And don’t forget, this podcast can be heard at anytime on Stitcher Radio (and click here for a promo code to get started and a chance to win $100)!
A portion of this podcast will be featured in our first ever encore presentation Friday evening, airing live on Pioneer Digital TV channels 150 and 152 in Oklahoma, and parts of Texas and Kansas where available. Click here for more information.
If the audio widget does not show up for you, click here to listen.