- Preparing for another year of TCU and Baylor ruling the Bizzaro Big 12
- Power ranking Appalachian State’s 21 (yes, 21) new uniform combinations
- 2015 Preview: Picking the Mountain West Conference
- Why I applaud Braxton Miller’s refreshing dedication to Ohio State Buckeyes
- Podcast: An early preview of Pac-12 Media Days with Kyle Kensing
- Podcast: Mid-summer prep for college football
- Q&A: The state of BYU football in 2015, with Mitch Harper
- 2015 Preview: Picking Conference USA
- 2015 Preview: Picking the American Athletic Conference
- Tennessee joins the Nike family and shows off new uniforms
Central Michigan says real men wear black
- Updated: August 15, 2012
Chips joining the black uniform brigade
Another day, another school feeling good about a black alternate uniform. Today we have Central Michigan. Please, somebody make this stop already. In case you missed it, earlier today we got a look at the black helmets to be worn by UMass, the incoming MAC member. We also know that Toledo will have an updated helmet this season.
Hey, I get it. Black uniforms are what attract recruits, but let’s be honest. Central Michigan needs to find something else to pitch to attract some athletes to their football program.
Of course, Central Michigan is not
alone here. Eastern Michigan will have a ton of uniforms to choose from this season, but no black uniforms. But don’t let me persuade you here. You have the right to make your own call on Central Michigan’s new look. As proclaimed by Central Michigan, the Chippewas will have eight different uniform combinations this fall.
— CMU Football (@CMU_Football) August 15, 2012
OK then. Let’s have a look…
Actually, some of these look pretty darn good. I will also say the black uniform combination looks way better than the all-yellow uniform Central Michigan will wear at some point this season. When it comes to uniform violations, all yellow is by far a more serious offense than an all-black uniform.
What do you think?