- Athlon Sports Media Poll: How I voted in Week 5
- Heisman Watch: Can Amari Cooper end drought for receivers?
- Video Mailbag: Marshall and BYU’s postseason possibilities and Jameis Winston’s Heisman situation
- Wife Knows Best: Week 5 college football picks
- McGuire Metric: Ranking the Group of Five
- McGuire Metric: Mississippi State on top, Big Ten doubling up Big 12
- Confused about the College Football Playoff? Let me explain…
- Big Ten Stats: Melvin Gordon and Ameer Abdullah rushed for more yards in Week 4 than 39 schools have this season
- Heisman Watch: Is Jameis Winston’s repeat bid officially cooked?
- Episode 147 – Jameis Winston suspended and a Week 4 Preview
Central Michigan says real men wear black
- Updated: August 15, 2012
Chips joining the black uniform brigade
Another day, another school feeling good about a black alternate uniform. Today we have Central Michigan. Please, somebody make this stop already. In case you missed it, earlier today we got a look at the black helmets to be worn by UMass, the incoming MAC member. We also know that Toledo will have an updated helmet this season.
Hey, I get it. Black uniforms are what attract recruits, but let’s be honest. Central Michigan needs to find something else to pitch to attract some athletes to their football program.
Of course, Central Michigan is not
alone here. Eastern Michigan will have a ton of uniforms to choose from this season, but no black uniforms. But don’t let me persuade you here. You have the right to make your own call on Central Michigan’s new look. As proclaimed by Central Michigan, the Chippewas will have eight different uniform combinations this fall.
— CMU Football (@CMU_Football) August 15, 2012
OK then. Let’s have a look…
Actually, some of these look pretty darn good. I will also say the black uniform combination looks way better than the all-yellow uniform Central Michigan will wear at some point this season. When it comes to uniform violations, all yellow is by far a more serious offense than an all-black uniform.
What do you think?