- Bowl Notebook: Utes win big for Pac-12, USA coach is tough
- CFB Playoff coaches decorate for the holidays (video)
- Ohio State has some fun with numbers, and is wrong
- Episode 157 – Archie Griffin on the Heisman Trophy and Andy Coppens on Wisconsin’s surprise coaching search
- The Big 12’s biggest problem wasn’t the lack of a championship game
- The McGuire Metric vs. the College Football Playoff
- No 2-Minute Warning Podcast is now on iHeart Radio
- Wife Knows Best: Week 15 College Football Picks
- Episode 156 – The Big 12’s Playoff Picture
- Episode 155 – 2014 Pac-12 Championship Game Preview
Central Michigan says real men wear black
- Updated: August 15, 2012
Chips joining the black uniform brigade
Another day, another school feeling good about a black alternate uniform. Today we have Central Michigan. Please, somebody make this stop already. In case you missed it, earlier today we got a look at the black helmets to be worn by UMass, the incoming MAC member. We also know that Toledo will have an updated helmet this season.
Hey, I get it. Black uniforms are what attract recruits, but let’s be honest. Central Michigan needs to find something else to pitch to attract some athletes to their football program.
Of course, Central Michigan is not
alone here. Eastern Michigan will have a ton of uniforms to choose from this season, but no black uniforms. But don’t let me persuade you here. You have the right to make your own call on Central Michigan’s new look. As proclaimed by Central Michigan, the Chippewas will have eight different uniform combinations this fall.
— CMU Football (@CMU_Football) August 15, 2012
OK then. Let’s have a look…
Actually, some of these look pretty darn good. I will also say the black uniform combination looks way better than the all-yellow uniform Central Michigan will wear at some point this season. When it comes to uniform violations, all yellow is by far a more serious offense than an all-black uniform.
What do you think?