- TCU’s new uniforms for 2015 unveiled
- Who wins a football title first, Wisconsin or Duke? Neither?
- Big Ten looks for first championship double dip in 62 years
- The Big Ten and what to do with the state of Indiana
- Picking the NIT using football logic
- Picking the NCAA Basketball Tournament by who would win in football
- Tulane adds a matte black helmet to its (hopefully) alternate uniform in 2015
- SEC names Greg Sankey new commissioner, and he’s already one of the most powerful men in college football
- If Chip Kelly gets run out of NFL, he can always come home
- 5 college football stadiums ready to drop the puck for the NHL
Central Michigan says real men wear black
- Updated: August 15, 2012
Chips joining the black uniform brigade
Another day, another school feeling good about a black alternate uniform. Today we have Central Michigan. Please, somebody make this stop already. In case you missed it, earlier today we got a look at the black helmets to be worn by UMass, the incoming MAC member. We also know that Toledo will have an updated helmet this season.
Hey, I get it. Black uniforms are what attract recruits, but let’s be honest. Central Michigan needs to find something else to pitch to attract some athletes to their football program.
Of course, Central Michigan is not
alone here. Eastern Michigan will have a ton of uniforms to choose from this season, but no black uniforms. But don’t let me persuade you here. You have the right to make your own call on Central Michigan’s new look. As proclaimed by Central Michigan, the Chippewas will have eight different uniform combinations this fall.
— CMU Football (@CMU_Football) August 15, 2012
OK then. Let’s have a look…
Actually, some of these look pretty darn good. I will also say the black uniform combination looks way better than the all-yellow uniform Central Michigan will wear at some point this season. When it comes to uniform violations, all yellow is by far a more serious offense than an all-black uniform.
What do you think?