Uni's are ok...helmet is terrible...go with the traditional gold helmets and you have a pretty good looking uni....
- 2015 Preview: Picking the Mountain West Conference
- Why I applaud Braxton Miller’s refreshing dedication to Ohio State Buckeyes
- Podcast: An early preview of Pac-12 Media Days with Kyle Kensing
- Podcast: Mid-summer prep for college football
- Q&A: The state of BYU football in 2015, with Mitch Harper
- 2015 Preview: Picking Conference USA
- 2015 Preview: Picking the American Athletic Conference
- Tennessee joins the Nike family and shows off new uniforms
- Off-the-rail radio interview not something Jim Harbaugh needs to worry about
- Navy joins The American: Where AAC goes from here, and what about Army?
Notre Dame’s TechFit uniforms from adidas almost work
- Updated: August 16, 2012
Shamrock Series continues with alternate uniform craze
Notre Dame is the next in line I suppose. As I was reading the description for Notre Dame’s “Shamrock Series” uniform, which will be worn against Miami in Chicago’s Soldier Field this season, I was actually warming up to the idea of what Notre Dame’s alternate look was going to be this season. Classic blue jerseys, gold numbering, “IRISH” written in Celtic font…
… and a white Leprechaun on a blue section of the helmet. Wait, what?
Overall I like the look, but the helmet coming in two different colors, split down the middle is somewhat reminiscent of what Maryland did last year, and that’s not a good thing. At least they avoid using the design of the
flag of Indiana, or Ireland. Had this uniform been worn with a shiny golden helmet, this would have been a near flawless alternate uniform. But, adidas loses points for the helmet.
Overall though, not bad, as long as you are watching Notre Dame from the one side of the stadium and switching sides for each quarter.
What do you think?