Uni's are ok...helmet is terrible...go with the traditional gold helmets and you have a pretty good looking uni....
- This alternate matte-black helmet for Texas is not happening
- What color is this college football uniform?
- Diving in to the world of concept helmets
- NFL coaches over think critical moments too
- Video Mailbag: Best QB in 2015, Melvin Gordon among the greats, and the Shippensburg bar scene
- Episode 160 – Counting down to National Signing Day
- Coastal Carolina installing a new teal turf
- New UTSA helmet for 2015 has familiar Longhorn flavor
- UNLV rocking a scarlet helmet in 2015?
- Critics cannot have it both ways with Cardale Jones’ decision
Notre Dame’s TechFit uniforms from adidas almost work
- Updated: August 16, 2012
Shamrock Series continues with alternate uniform craze
Notre Dame is the next in line I suppose. As I was reading the description for Notre Dame’s “Shamrock Series” uniform, which will be worn against Miami in Chicago’s Soldier Field this season, I was actually warming up to the idea of what Notre Dame’s alternate look was going to be this season. Classic blue jerseys, gold numbering, “IRISH” written in Celtic font…
… and a white Leprechaun on a blue section of the helmet. Wait, what?
Overall I like the look, but the helmet coming in two different colors, split down the middle is somewhat reminiscent of what Maryland did last year, and that’s not a good thing. At least they avoid using the design of the
flag of Indiana, or Ireland. Had this uniform been worn with a shiny golden helmet, this would have been a near flawless alternate uniform. But, adidas loses points for the helmet.
Overall though, not bad, as long as you are watching Notre Dame from the one side of the stadium and switching sides for each quarter.
What do you think?