Uni's are ok...helmet is terrible...go with the traditional gold helmets and you have a pretty good looking uni....
- TCU’s new uniforms for 2015 unveiled
- Who wins a football title first, Wisconsin or Duke? Neither?
- Big Ten looks for first championship double dip in 62 years
- The Big Ten and what to do with the state of Indiana
- Picking the NIT using football logic
- Picking the NCAA Basketball Tournament by who would win in football
- Tulane adds a matte black helmet to its (hopefully) alternate uniform in 2015
- SEC names Greg Sankey new commissioner, and he’s already one of the most powerful men in college football
- If Chip Kelly gets run out of NFL, he can always come home
- 5 college football stadiums ready to drop the puck for the NHL
Notre Dame’s TechFit uniforms from adidas almost work
- Updated: August 16, 2012
Shamrock Series continues with alternate uniform craze
Notre Dame is the next in line I suppose. As I was reading the description for Notre Dame’s “Shamrock Series” uniform, which will be worn against Miami in Chicago’s Soldier Field this season, I was actually warming up to the idea of what Notre Dame’s alternate look was going to be this season. Classic blue jerseys, gold numbering, “IRISH” written in Celtic font…
… and a white Leprechaun on a blue section of the helmet. Wait, what?
Overall I like the look, but the helmet coming in two different colors, split down the middle is somewhat reminiscent of what Maryland did last year, and that’s not a good thing. At least they avoid using the design of the
flag of Indiana, or Ireland. Had this uniform been worn with a shiny golden helmet, this would have been a near flawless alternate uniform. But, adidas loses points for the helmet.
Overall though, not bad, as long as you are watching Notre Dame from the one side of the stadium and switching sides for each quarter.
What do you think?