Uni's are ok...helmet is terrible...go with the traditional gold helmets and you have a pretty good looking uni....
- Podcast: Going on record with CFB Playoff picks and Week 1
- Tim Beckman gets a fast pass to the 2015 Coaching Carousel
- 2015 Preview: Picking the Pac-12
- Podcast: Discussing Maurice Clarett’s latest impact on college football with Aaron Torres
- 2015 college football new season resolutions
- 2015 Preview: Picking the Big Ten
- Podcast: The Thinking Fan’s Guide to Year 2 of the College Football Playoff with Stewart Mandel
- Re-casting Fantastic Four with college football’s mightiest
- Sports Illustrated college football preseason preview issues feature Ohio State, TCU, Dak Prescott and Notre Dame
- 2015 Preview: Picking the Big 12
Notre Dame’s TechFit uniforms from adidas almost work
- Updated: August 16, 2012
Shamrock Series continues with alternate uniform craze
Notre Dame is the next in line I suppose. As I was reading the description for Notre Dame’s “Shamrock Series” uniform, which will be worn against Miami in Chicago’s Soldier Field this season, I was actually warming up to the idea of what Notre Dame’s alternate look was going to be this season. Classic blue jerseys, gold numbering, “IRISH” written in Celtic font…
… and a white Leprechaun on a blue section of the helmet. Wait, what?
Overall I like the look, but the helmet coming in two different colors, split down the middle is somewhat reminiscent of what Maryland did last year, and that’s not a good thing. At least they avoid using the design of the
flag of Indiana, or Ireland. Had this uniform been worn with a shiny golden helmet, this would have been a near flawless alternate uniform. But, adidas loses points for the helmet.
Overall though, not bad, as long as you are watching Notre Dame from the one side of the stadium and switching sides for each quarter.
What do you think?