Uni's are ok...helmet is terrible...go with the traditional gold helmets and you have a pretty good looking uni....
- Athlon Sports asks who has better shot at Top 25 finish; Michigan or Nebraska?
- Uniform Updates: Pitt getting new look in 2016, Syracuse bringing No. 44 back
- LSU’s Odell Beckham Jr. puts SEC on top when it comes to Madden NFL covers
- Bobby Bowden says SEC was too difficult for FSU and national title hopes
- Why is college football in a rush to change championship methods?
- UConn updates its look for 2015
- Michigan State’s bronze uniform look is growing on me
- Video: Eric LeGrand’s latest achievement unlocked
- UNC’s new uniforms actually make argyle pretty cool
- TCU’s new uniforms for 2015 unveiled
Notre Dame’s TechFit uniforms from adidas almost work
- Updated: August 16, 2012
Shamrock Series continues with alternate uniform craze
Notre Dame is the next in line I suppose. As I was reading the description for Notre Dame’s “Shamrock Series” uniform, which will be worn against Miami in Chicago’s Soldier Field this season, I was actually warming up to the idea of what Notre Dame’s alternate look was going to be this season. Classic blue jerseys, gold numbering, “IRISH” written in Celtic font…
… and a white Leprechaun on a blue section of the helmet. Wait, what?
We cannot display this gallery
Overall I like the look, but the helmet coming in two different colors, split down the middle is somewhat reminiscent of what Maryland did last year, and that’s not a good thing. At least they avoid using the design of the
flag of Indiana, or Ireland. Had this uniform been worn with a shiny golden helmet, this would have been a near flawless alternate uniform. But, adidas loses points for the helmet.
Overall though, not bad, as long as you are watching Notre Dame from the one side of the stadium and switching sides for each quarter.
What do you think?