- The Big Ten and what to do with the state of Indiana
- Picking the NIT using football logic
- Picking the NCAA Basketball Tournament by who would win in football
- Tulane adds a matte black helmet to its (hopefully) alternate uniform in 2015
- SEC names Greg Sankey new commissioner, and he’s already one of the most powerful men in college football
- If Chip Kelly gets run out of NFL, he can always come home
- 5 college football stadiums ready to drop the puck for the NHL
- Episode 161 – Skipping around spring football stories with Braden Gall
- This alternate matte-black helmet for Texas is not happening
- What color is this college football uniform?
Oregon’s Rose Bowl helmet returns for 2012, in green
- Updated: August 17, 2012
Image of green chrome helmet makes the rounds
It seems as though a week cannot go by without referencing the helmets worn by the Oregon Ducks in the 2012 Rose Bowl against Wisconsin. You know why? Because they were freaking awesome!
The first time we caught a glimpse of those magnificent chrome lids with their ultimate shiny reflection we knew the Wisconsin Badgers would be in some trouble, perhaps by being distracted by their own reflection at times.
Well, good news uniform geeks. The helmet is coming back this fall, and it’s coming in green!
The Nike Blog caught these images that were beginning to be passed around the forums among Oregon fans. According to The Nike Blog Oregon’s liquid metal helmet will be worn in green, as pictured below, as well as the silver look displayed in Pasadena in January.
Here is a look at the green version…
I know I cannot wait to see this helmet on the field, but I also hope that I start receiving the Pac-12 Network in HD before Oregon wears them. These also are refreshing to see after Notre Dame’s Shamrock Series uniform yesterday. You may also want to check out Central Michigan’s new look and the black helmets for UMass.
What do you think about the helmet?