- Wife Knows Best: Week 13 College Football Picks
- How your team will or will not win its conference or division
- Episode 153 – Doug Flutie on the Hail Flutie, Heisman Trophy race, playoffs and the Capital One Cup
- Don’t look now, but Boise State is now biggest threat to Marshall
- Heisman Watch: Wisconsin’s Melvin Gordon ready for B1G Heisman Showdown
- Episode 152 – Previewing Wisconsin-Nebraska
- Wife Knows Best: Week 12 College Football Picks
- McGuire Metric and College Football Playoff Contenders
- Video Mailbag: Hot seats for Hoke and Muschamp, SEC getting two playoff spots and a What If for Michigan State
- Wife Knows Best: Week 11 College Football Picks
Oregon’s Rose Bowl helmet returns for 2012, in green
- Updated: August 17, 2012
Image of green chrome helmet makes the rounds
It seems as though a week cannot go by without referencing the helmets worn by the Oregon Ducks in the 2012 Rose Bowl against Wisconsin. You know why? Because they were freaking awesome!
The first time we caught a glimpse of those magnificent chrome lids with their ultimate shiny reflection we knew the Wisconsin Badgers would be in some trouble, perhaps by being distracted by their own reflection at times.
Well, good news uniform geeks. The helmet is coming back this fall, and it’s coming in green!
The Nike Blog caught these images that were beginning to be passed around the forums among Oregon fans. According to The Nike Blog Oregon’s liquid metal helmet will be worn in green, as pictured below, as well as the silver look displayed in Pasadena in January.
Here is a look at the green version…
I know I cannot wait to see this helmet on the field, but I also hope that I start receiving the Pac-12 Network in HD before Oregon wears them. These also are refreshing to see after Notre Dame’s Shamrock Series uniform yesterday. You may also want to check out Central Michigan’s new look and the black helmets for UMass.
What do you think about the helmet?