- Video Mailbag: Best QB in 2015, Melvin Gordon among the greats, and the Shippensburg bar scene
- Episode 160 – Counting down to National Signing Day
- Coastal Carolina installing a new teal turf
- New UTSA helmet for 2015 has familiar Longhorn flavor
- UNLV rocking a scarlet helmet in 2015?
- Critics cannot have it both ways with Cardale Jones’ decision
- Final McGuire Metric results: Buckeyes push Big Ten to the top
- The lesson to learn from the 2014 season: Let the season breathe
- My College Football Playoff National Championship Game Prediction
- Episode 159 – Big Ten Bounces Back
Oregon’s Rose Bowl helmet returns for 2012, in green
- Updated: August 17, 2012
Image of green chrome helmet makes the rounds
It seems as though a week cannot go by without referencing the helmets worn by the Oregon Ducks in the 2012 Rose Bowl against Wisconsin. You know why? Because they were freaking awesome!
The first time we caught a glimpse of those magnificent chrome lids with their ultimate shiny reflection we knew the Wisconsin Badgers would be in some trouble, perhaps by being distracted by their own reflection at times.
Well, good news uniform geeks. The helmet is coming back this fall, and it’s coming in green!
The Nike Blog caught these images that were beginning to be passed around the forums among Oregon fans. According to The Nike Blog Oregon’s liquid metal helmet will be worn in green, as pictured below, as well as the silver look displayed in Pasadena in January.
Here is a look at the green version…
I know I cannot wait to see this helmet on the field, but I also hope that I start receiving the Pac-12 Network in HD before Oregon wears them. These also are refreshing to see after Notre Dame’s Shamrock Series uniform yesterday. You may also want to check out Central Michigan’s new look and the black helmets for UMass.
What do you think about the helmet?