- Athlon Sports asks who has better shot at Top 25 finish; Michigan or Nebraska?
- Uniform Updates: Pitt getting new look in 2016, Syracuse bringing No. 44 back
- LSU’s Odell Beckham Jr. puts SEC on top when it comes to Madden NFL covers
- Bobby Bowden says SEC was too difficult for FSU and national title hopes
- Why is college football in a rush to change championship methods?
- UConn updates its look for 2015
- Michigan State’s bronze uniform look is growing on me
- Video: Eric LeGrand’s latest achievement unlocked
- UNC’s new uniforms actually make argyle pretty cool
- TCU’s new uniforms for 2015 unveiled
Oregon’s Rose Bowl helmet returns for 2012, in green
- Updated: August 17, 2012
Image of green chrome helmet makes the rounds
It seems as though a week cannot go by without referencing the helmets worn by the Oregon Ducks in the 2012 Rose Bowl against Wisconsin. You know why? Because they were freaking awesome!
The first time we caught a glimpse of those magnificent chrome lids with their ultimate shiny reflection we knew the Wisconsin Badgers would be in some trouble, perhaps by being distracted by their own reflection at times.
Well, good news uniform geeks. The helmet is coming back this fall, and it’s coming in green!
The Nike Blog caught these images that were beginning to be passed around the forums among Oregon fans. According to The Nike Blog Oregon’s liquid metal helmet will be worn in green, as pictured below, as well as the silver look displayed in Pasadena in January.
Here is a look at the green version…
I know I cannot wait to see this helmet on the field, but I also hope that I start receiving the Pac-12 Network in HD before Oregon wears them. These also are refreshing to see after Notre Dame’s Shamrock Series uniform yesterday. You may also want to check out Central Michigan’s new look and the black helmets for UMass.
What do you think about the helmet?