- Wife Knows Best: Week 13 College Football Picks
- How your team will or will not win its conference or division
- Episode 153 – Doug Flutie on the Hail Flutie, Heisman Trophy race, playoffs and the Capital One Cup
- Don’t look now, but Boise State is now biggest threat to Marshall
- Heisman Watch: Wisconsin’s Melvin Gordon ready for B1G Heisman Showdown
- Episode 152 – Previewing Wisconsin-Nebraska
- Wife Knows Best: Week 12 College Football Picks
- McGuire Metric and College Football Playoff Contenders
- Video Mailbag: Hot seats for Hoke and Muschamp, SEC getting two playoff spots and a What If for Michigan State
- Wife Knows Best: Week 11 College Football Picks
UConn defense gives UMass rude welcome to FBS, 37-0
- Updated: August 31, 2012
Minutemen held to 58 yards of offense in FBS debut
There was a time when Connecticut and Massachusetts made for a competitive rivalry in the northeast, but if Thursday night’s action was any indication, it could be a while until we see the two old rivals on the same field.
Connecticut’s defense was dominant in Thursday night’s season opener, as the Huskies handed the Minutemen a 37-0 loss in UMass’s first FBS game.
Connecticut scored touchdowns on offense, defense and special teams, making this a total team effort.
Quarterback Chandler Whitmer passed for 219 yards but was intercepted two times. The junior college transfer was named the starting quarterback heading into preseason camp, and while he was far from perfect, he gave Huskies fans a glimpse as to why Paul Pasqualoni named him the starter after instability at the position last fall.