- Wife Knows Best: Week 8 college football picks
- Heisman Watch: Golson needs some Luck of the Irish vs. Florida State
- Episode 149 – Autograph Signings and Week 8 Preview
- Examining Illinois’ alternate “Gray Ghost” uniform
- Fighting Irish fighting for national respect vs. Florida State
- College Football Playoff Projection: Version 1.1
- Heisman Watch: Watch Out for the Dak Attack
- Can Week 7 possibly match the drama of Week 6?
- Wife Knows Best: Week 7 college football picks
- Athlon Sports Media Poll: How I Voted after Week 6
UConn defense gives UMass rude welcome to FBS, 37-0
- Updated: August 31, 2012
Minutemen held to 58 yards of offense in FBS debut
There was a time when Connecticut and Massachusetts made for a competitive rivalry in the northeast, but if Thursday night’s action was any indication, it could be a while until we see the two old rivals on the same field.
Connecticut’s defense was dominant in Thursday night’s season opener, as the Huskies handed the Minutemen a 37-0 loss in UMass’s first FBS game.
Connecticut scored touchdowns on offense, defense and special teams, making this a total team effort.
Quarterback Chandler Whitmer passed for 219 yards but was intercepted two times. The junior college transfer was named the starting quarterback heading into preseason camp, and while he was far from perfect, he gave Huskies fans a glimpse as to why Paul Pasqualoni named him the starter after instability at the position last fall.