- Wife Knows Best: Week 13 College Football Picks
- How your team will or will not win its conference or division
- Episode 153 – Doug Flutie on the Hail Flutie, Heisman Trophy race, playoffs and the Capital One Cup
- Don’t look now, but Boise State is now biggest threat to Marshall
- Heisman Watch: Wisconsin’s Melvin Gordon ready for B1G Heisman Showdown
- Episode 152 – Previewing Wisconsin-Nebraska
- Wife Knows Best: Week 12 College Football Picks
- McGuire Metric and College Football Playoff Contenders
- Video Mailbag: Hot seats for Hoke and Muschamp, SEC getting two playoff spots and a What If for Michigan State
- Wife Knows Best: Week 11 College Football Picks
Episode 130 – Is Notre Dame worth getting excited about yet?
- Updated: September 20, 2012
Ty Hildenbrandt from The Solid Verbal chimes in
Notre Dame is off to a 3-0 start for the first time since 2002, which is why (Fighting) Irish eyes are smiling heading in to this weekend’s big rivalry game with the Michigan Wolverines. With a defense that looks to be the best Notre Dame has had in a long time and coming off the program’s first win over a top ten team since 2005, one of the big questions this week has been whether or not we should take Notre Dame seriously.
The answer, I believe, is yes but I am not at the point where I am going to throw Notre Dame’s in to the BCS Championship or even the BCS at-large picture just yet. The reason is because I am not sold on their offense and their schedule is full of some challenges between now and the end fo the season with games against Oklahoma, Stanford, and USC all coming up later this fall. But this weekend is a pretty difficult task as well, with Michigan now hoping to be back on track after opening the season in the most humbling fashion.
I needed to bring in another voice to help me figure out where exactly we should be placing Notre Dame in the pecking order in college football. To do just that I was happy to bring on to the show Ty Hildenbrandt, co-host of The Solid Verbal and a well-documented Notre Dame fan. Ty and I take a look at Notre Dame’s start and determine if we have enough evidence to say for sure that Notre Dame is a legitimate team to reckon with. Ty has had his heart broken many times when it comes to the Fighting Irish so he does seem to be a bit more reluctant to buy in, and that is probably a fair way of thinking with Michigan coming up this weekend.
Have a listen to the podcast below, then make sure you are subscribed in iTunes, and following the show on Get Glue! Follow Hildenbrandt on Twitter @tyhildenbrandt and @SolidVerbal (follow me @KevinOnCFB). And don’t forget, this podcast (as well as The Solid Verbal) can be heard at anytime on Stitcher Radio (and click here for a promo code to get started and a chance to win $100)!
A portion of this podcast will be featured in our first ever encore presentation Friday evening, airing live on Pioneer Digital TV channels 150 and 152 in Oklahoma, and parts of Texas and Kansas where available. Click here for more information, and stay tuned for some announcements for the podcast and site coming soon.
If the audio widget does not show up for you, click here to listen.
Follow No 2-Minute Warning on Twitter @No2MinWarning and Like No 2-Minute Warning on Facebook.