Aaron Torres from Crystal Ball Run is shaky on West Virginia
The West Virginia Mountaineers will play their first Big 12 Conference game in program history this weekend, with No. 25 Baylor rolling in to Morgantown for what should be an interesting game to say the least. While Geno Smith and the Mountaineers have jumped out to a decent start it should be noted the level of competition they have faced has been lacking compared to some of the teams ahead of them on the schedule, including Texas, Oklahoma and TCU. Is West Virginia a legitimate Big 12 contender? With an offense fueled by Smith, Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey I sure think they have more than enough to score enough points to be considered in the mix, but do feel their defense could cost them at some point.
One college football mind who is not nearly as high on West Virginia as some is Aaron Torres, co-managing editor from Crystal Ball Run. Torress joins the podcast to explain why he is hesitant to buy in to the Mountaineers at this stage as well as discuss some observations from the first four weeks of the season and take a look at some key games being played around the country this weekend.
In addition to West Virginia’s Big 12 debut against Baylor, some of the topics discussed in this episode of the podcast include:
- After a second straight win against a Big Ten contender, is Notre Dame for real? (We discussed this last week with Ty Hildenbrandt, before Notre Dame’s victory against Michigan if you would like to compare and contrast)
- Can Florida State follow-up last week’s big win against Clemson by avoiding a letdown at South Florida?
- The SEC East race looks to be an enticing three-team race between Georgia, South Carolina and Florida. Are Gators emerging as team to beat?
- Texas Longhorns arriving ahead of schedule?
- Ohio State faces stiff road test in Big Ten opener at Michigan State, while Wisconsin searches for offensive stability at Nebraska
- Oregon State out to prove 2-0 start is legit this weekend at Arizona
Have a listen to the podcast below, then make sure you are subscribed in iTunes! Follow Torres on Twitter @Aaron_Tores and follow Crystal Ball Run @CrystalBallRun (follow me @KevinOnCFB). And don’t forget, this podcast can be heard at anytime on Stitcher Radio (and click here for a promo code to get started and a chance to win $100)!
A portion of this podcast will be featured in our first ever encore presentation Friday evening, airing live on Pioneer Digital TV channels 150 and 152 in Oklahoma, and parts of Texas and Kansas where available. Click here for more information, and stay tuned for some announcements for the podcast and site coming soon.
If the audio widget does not show up for you, click here to listen.