- 2015 Preview: Picking the Pac-12
- Podcast: Discussing Maurice Clarett’s latest impact on college football with Aaron Torres
- 2015 college football new season resolutions
- 2015 Preview: Picking the Big Ten
- Podcast: The Thinking Fan’s Guide to Year 2 of the College Football Playoff with Stewart Mandel
- Re-casting Fantastic Four with college football’s mightiest
- Sports Illustrated college football preseason preview issues feature Ohio State, TCU, Dak Prescott and Notre Dame
- 2015 Preview: Picking the Big 12
- State of Ohio trumps preseason football predictions
- 2015 Preview: Picking the ACC
River City Rivalry given River City Ransom soundtrack
- Updated: September 7, 2012
Bearcats beat down of Pitt deserves classic beat ’em up soundtrack
Cincinnati and Pittsburgh played what could be the last installment of the River City Rivalry. With Pittsburgh moving to the ACC next season it looks as though Cincinnati will get to hold on to The Paddlewheel Trophy for quite some time.
With so much talk about River City I found myself coming up with all sorts of River City pop culture references. I hear there’s trouble right there in River City. Something about a pool table I suppose. But I also find myself immediately recalling the old beat ’em up for the Nintendo Entertainment System, River City Ransom. Naturally, I decided it was fitting to put some clips of Cincinnati’s beat down on Pitt to the tune of the stage music from River City Ransom.