- 2015 Preview: Picking Conference USA
- 2015 Preview: Picking the American Athletic Conference
- Off-the-rail radio interview not something Jim Harbaugh needs to worry about
- Navy joins The American: Where AAC goes from here, and what about Army?
- College football returns next month; let’s hope ESPN doesn’t ruin it
- 2014 In Review: Year 2 of the American Athletic Conference
- Derugulation of conference titles would make Group of 5 chase for New Years Six better too
- South Carolina, Steve Spurrier and the Confederate Flag
- A before and after comparison of Syracuse’s new FieldTurf
- Happy (Washington State) Flag Day!
River City Rivalry given River City Ransom soundtrack
- Updated: September 7, 2012
Bearcats beat down of Pitt deserves classic beat ’em up soundtrack
Cincinnati and Pittsburgh played what could be the last installment of the River City Rivalry. With Pittsburgh moving to the ACC next season it looks as though Cincinnati will get to hold on to The Paddlewheel Trophy for quite some time.
With so much talk about River City I found myself coming up with all sorts of River City pop culture references. I hear there’s trouble right there in River City. Something about a pool table I suppose. But I also find myself immediately recalling the old beat ’em up for the Nintendo Entertainment System, River City Ransom. Naturally, I decided it was fitting to put some clips of Cincinnati’s beat down on Pitt to the tune of the stage music from River City Ransom.