- Athlon Sports asks who has better shot at Top 25 finish; Michigan or Nebraska?
- Uniform Updates: Pitt getting new look in 2016, Syracuse bringing No. 44 back
- LSU’s Odell Beckham Jr. puts SEC on top when it comes to Madden NFL covers
- Bobby Bowden says SEC was too difficult for FSU and national title hopes
- Why is college football in a rush to change championship methods?
- UConn updates its look for 2015
- Michigan State’s bronze uniform look is growing on me
- Video: Eric LeGrand’s latest achievement unlocked
- UNC’s new uniforms actually make argyle pretty cool
- TCU’s new uniforms for 2015 unveiled
River City Rivalry given River City Ransom soundtrack
- Updated: September 7, 2012
Bearcats beat down of Pitt deserves classic beat ‘em up soundtrack
Cincinnati and Pittsburgh played what could be the last installment of the River City Rivalry. With Pittsburgh moving to the ACC next season it looks as though Cincinnati will get to hold on to The Paddlewheel Trophy for quite some time.
With so much talk about River City I found myself coming up with all sorts of River City pop culture references. I hear there’s trouble right there in River City. Something about a pool table I suppose. But I also find myself immediately recalling the old beat ‘em up for the Nintendo Entertainment System, River City Ransom. Naturally, I decided it was fitting to put some clips of Cincinnati’s beat down on Pitt to the tune of the stage music from River City Ransom.