- College Football Playoff Projection: Version 1.0
- McGuire Metric: Where things stand heading to October
- College football heats up as we move to October
- Athlon Sports Media Poll: How I voted in Week 5
- Heisman Watch: Can Amari Cooper end drought for receivers?
- Video Mailbag: Marshall and BYU’s postseason possibilities and Jameis Winston’s Heisman situation
- Wife Knows Best: Week 5 college football picks
- McGuire Metric: Ranking the Group of Five
- McGuire Metric: Mississippi State on top, Big Ten doubling up Big 12
- Confused about the College Football Playoff? Let me explain…
River City Rivalry given River City Ransom soundtrack
- Updated: September 7, 2012
Bearcats beat down of Pitt deserves classic beat ‘em up soundtrack
Cincinnati and Pittsburgh played what could be the last installment of the River City Rivalry. With Pittsburgh moving to the ACC next season it looks as though Cincinnati will get to hold on to The Paddlewheel Trophy for quite some time.
With so much talk about River City I found myself coming up with all sorts of River City pop culture references. I hear there’s trouble right there in River City. Something about a pool table I suppose. But I also find myself immediately recalling the old beat ‘em up for the Nintendo Entertainment System, River City Ransom. Naturally, I decided it was fitting to put some clips of Cincinnati’s beat down on Pitt to the tune of the stage music from River City Ransom.