- Wife Knows Best: Week 14 College Football Picks
- Who made my FWAA All-American ballot in 2014
- Wife Knows Best: Week 13 College Football Picks
- How your team will or will not win its conference or division
- Episode 153 – Doug Flutie on the Hail Flutie, Heisman Trophy race, playoffs and the Capital One Cup
- Don’t look now, but Boise State is now biggest threat to Marshall
- Heisman Watch: Wisconsin’s Melvin Gordon ready for B1G Heisman Showdown
- Episode 152 – Previewing Wisconsin-Nebraska
- Wife Knows Best: Week 12 College Football Picks
- McGuire Metric and College Football Playoff Contenders
Western Michigan players respond to alternate uniform
- Updated: September 25, 2012
Broncos to sport new look this weekend vs. Toledo
The MAC is off to a solid start this season. Ohio leads the way with a 4-0 record highlighted by a second half rally at Penn State in week one, while Ball State, Toledo and Northern Illinois are all 3-1 heading in to week five’s schedule. Bowling Green’s 1-3 record is only slightly deceiving. Even winless Eastern Michigan was able to put up a fight on the road at Michigan State this past weekend.
Western Michigan evened up their record at 2-2 with a home win against Connecticut this past weekend. This week they will host Toledo in a rather important early season MAC West Division game. The Rockets will come to Kalamazoo with one of the best new helmets in the country this weekend but the hometown Broncos will be well dressed for the game as well, sporting a new alternate uniform that was unveiled Monday.
The uniforms are the latest alternative style offered by Adidas to a number of their partners (including Wisconsin and Nebraska, each wearing an alternate look this weekend against each other). Western Michigan’s look features a metal pattern on the helmet with a now “retro” Bronco logo on the side. The logo was used by the program from 1998 through 2010. The rest of the uniform style is black, which sort of goes with the school’s color scheme so it is not a significant uniform violation according to our standards around here, with school colors showing off the uniform number and the word “Broncos” across the top front of the jersey.
The players seemed to like it, as you might expect…
Have a look at the new look Western Michigan will suit up in this weekend (photo gallery after the jump)…