- This alternate matte-black helmet for Texas is not happening
- What color is this college football uniform?
- Diving in to the world of concept helmets
- NFL coaches over think critical moments too
- Video Mailbag: Best QB in 2015, Melvin Gordon among the greats, and the Shippensburg bar scene
- Episode 160 – Counting down to National Signing Day
- Coastal Carolina installing a new teal turf
- New UTSA helmet for 2015 has familiar Longhorn flavor
- UNLV rocking a scarlet helmet in 2015?
- Critics cannot have it both ways with Cardale Jones’ decision
Boise State joins the blackout uniform brigade
- Updated: October 15, 2012
Boise State is well known for their blue turf, all blue uniforms as well as their orange, but this weekend Boise State will be the latest school to abandon their traditional school colors and replace them temporarily with all black.
Boise State’s black uniforms will essentially be just like their current uniform style, which is modeled after a recent Pro Combat uniform from Nike, but will be cast in black from head to toe, including the helmet. Truth be told, it is a sick helmet…
The orange Bronco eye gives the helmet a Terminator feel to it, but I will always be ready to say hasta la vista, baby, to all black uniforms for schools who have never used black in their school colors. But the simple fact is black uniforms create buzz, and anything that will get people talking about your program seems to be the thing to do.
As far as all-black uniforms go, these helmets take the cake. But the uniform itself leaves something to be desired.
To me, an all black uniform just does not mesh well with Boise State’s blue and orange mixed in as they are shown here. Perhaps there is too much blue. The numbers look good, but the blue trim on the sleeves and the wording of “Boise State” may have been better off in black or orange. And I have not even mentioned the gloves and arm bands.
Let’s have a closer look…
So, what do ou think about these black uniforms, which will be worn this weekend?
View more photos on our Facebook page.
Hype this up on BallHyped!
Subscribe to the No 2-Minute Warning YouTube Channel.