- College Football Playoff Projection: Version 1.2
- Instant replay is great, but it can be better
- Get ready to debate one-loss playoff contenders
- Wife Knows Best: Week 9 college football picks
- Wife Knows Best: Week 8 college football picks
- Heisman Watch: Golson needs some Luck of the Irish vs. Florida State
- Episode 149 – Autograph Signings and Week 8 Preview
- Examining Illinois’ alternate “Gray Ghost” uniform
- Fighting Irish fighting for national respect vs. Florida State
- College Football Playoff Projection: Version 1.1
Boise State joins the blackout uniform brigade
- Updated: October 15, 2012
Boise State is well known for their blue turf, all blue uniforms as well as their orange, but this weekend Boise State will be the latest school to abandon their traditional school colors and replace them temporarily with all black.
Boise State’s black uniforms will essentially be just like their current uniform style, which is modeled after a recent Pro Combat uniform from Nike, but will be cast in black from head to toe, including the helmet. Truth be told, it is a sick helmet…
The orange Bronco eye gives the helmet a Terminator feel to it, but I will always be ready to say hasta la vista, baby, to all black uniforms for schools who have never used black in their school colors. But the simple fact is black uniforms create buzz, and anything that will get people talking about your program seems to be the thing to do.
As far as all-black uniforms go, these helmets take the cake. But the uniform itself leaves something to be desired.
To me, an all black uniform just does not mesh well with Boise State’s blue and orange mixed in as they are shown here. Perhaps there is too much blue. The numbers look good, but the blue trim on the sleeves and the wording of “Boise State” may have been better off in black or orange. And I have not even mentioned the gloves and arm bands.
Let’s have a closer look…
So, what do ou think about these black uniforms, which will be worn this weekend?
View more photos on our Facebook page.
Hype this up on BallHyped!
Subscribe to the No 2-Minute Warning YouTube Channel.