- How your team will or will not win its conference or division
- Episode 153 – Doug Flutie on the Hail Flutie, Heisman Trophy race, playoffs and the Capital One Cup
- Don’t look now, but Boise State is now biggest threat to Marshall
- Heisman Watch: Wisconsin’s Melvin Gordon ready for B1G Heisman Showdown
- Episode 152 – Previewing Wisconsin-Nebraska
- Wife Knows Best: Week 12 College Football Picks
- McGuire Metric and College Football Playoff Contenders
- Video Mailbag: Hot seats for Hoke and Muschamp, SEC getting two playoff spots and a What If for Michigan State
- Wife Knows Best: Week 11 College Football Picks
- Episode 151 – Big games in the Big Ten and Big 12
High school kicker boots 67-yard field goal
- Updated: October 19, 2012
Austin Rehkow, a senior at Central Valley High School in Veradale, Washington, kicked a 67-yard field goal last night, and it could not have come at a better time.
Rehkow’s 67-yard field goal came in the final seconds of regulation to force overtime, making this feat not only one of the most incredible kicking accomplishments in the history of the sport, but also one of the most clutch. Rehkow’s Central Valley team ended up on top of what must have been a wild 62-55 overtime result.
After kicking a 67-yard field goal it is probably safe to assume he will be getting some scholarship offers. According to Rivals.com, Rehkow has some interest in Stanford, Washington State and Air Force in addition to a few FCS schools such as Cornell, Harvard and Eastern Washington. Clearly the kid has the book smarts. Now we will see if anyone else comes calling after seeing this.
According to Wikipedia, Rehkow’s field goal is a state record, and third longest recorded in high school football history. The longest field goal in college football history was kicked by Abilene Christian University’s Ove Johansson against East Texas State on October 16, 1976. Johansson’s 69-yard field goal remains the longest verified field goal in football history.
Subscribe to the No 2-Minute Warning YouTube Channel.
Hype this up on BallHyped.