- Athlon Sports asks who has better shot at Top 25 finish; Michigan or Nebraska?
- Uniform Updates: Pitt getting new look in 2016, Syracuse bringing No. 44 back
- LSU’s Odell Beckham Jr. puts SEC on top when it comes to Madden NFL covers
- Bobby Bowden says SEC was too difficult for FSU and national title hopes
- Why is college football in a rush to change championship methods?
- UConn updates its look for 2015
- Michigan State’s bronze uniform look is growing on me
- Video: Eric LeGrand’s latest achievement unlocked
- UNC’s new uniforms actually make argyle pretty cool
- TCU’s new uniforms for 2015 unveiled
Texas Tech shows off Lone Star pride this weekend vs. Texas
- Updated: October 29, 2012
Don’t mess with Texas is the message being sent with Texas Tech’s uniforms for this weekend’s game against… well, Texas.
Take a look at these uniforms on the right. The Red Raiders stay true to the namesake color scheme, which is smart. The helmet, judging by this initial image, looks to be pretty sharp.
From what we can see in this image (click image to view larger), it looks as though Texas Tech is going with a black helmet, possibly in a reflective chrome style or something similar, with regular red logo. We will have to withhold further judgement until a better picture becomes available.
Of course, this uniform is all about the Texas pride with the shoulder pads. The shoulders are given a blue swatch topped by a Texas flag-themed star on each side. The same star design appears on the red socks to be worn with the uniform.
At first glance it looks as though this uniform was inspired by the alternate uniforms worn by the Dallas Cowboys on Thanksgiving, with the stars on the shoulders look.
So, does this mean Texas Tech is more faithful to the state of Texas than the Texas Longhorns? Will the Longhorns make their way to Lubbock and feel ashamed for not representing their state in the same fashion their little brothers from Texas Tech will be?
Of course not.
That said, the Longhorns will be in for a difficult game this weekend against the Red Raiders. Texas Tech has come up small against Oklahoma and Kansas State this season but managed to demolish West Virginia. We just do not know which Texas Tech team will be showing up on a week to week basis. At least we know what uniforms to be looking for this week.
Texas will look to have a stronger outing after slugging away with a win, somehow, against Kansas on the road this past weekend.
Subscribe to the No 2-Minute Warning YouTube Channel.