- Tim Beckman gets a fast pass to the 2015 Coaching Carousel
- 2015 Preview: Picking the Pac-12
- Podcast: Discussing Maurice Clarett’s latest impact on college football with Aaron Torres
- 2015 college football new season resolutions
- 2015 Preview: Picking the Big Ten
- Podcast: The Thinking Fan’s Guide to Year 2 of the College Football Playoff with Stewart Mandel
- Re-casting Fantastic Four with college football’s mightiest
- Sports Illustrated college football preseason preview issues feature Ohio State, TCU, Dak Prescott and Notre Dame
- 2015 Preview: Picking the Big 12
- State of Ohio trumps preseason football predictions
Crazy high school behind the back two-point conversion
- Updated: October 2, 2012
The Bouquet Toss craze traces back to 2009
This morning I happened to be watching Sportscenter when they showed a bizarre two-point conversion from a high school football game in California. Rather than kick an extra point and force overtime on the final play of the game the team had their holder (also the quarterback, fake a handoff to the kicker and hurl the football over his shoulders, and have a receiver catch the surprise no-look pass. The pass is
completed for a stunning two-point conversion and the game is decided.
I was going to share that video here but I did not see it available from ESPN’s YouTube page and I forgot the names of the high schools involved in the play this weekend. But here’s the thing. I happened to find another high school two-point conversion executed the same exact way from this weekend in a completely different game, seemingly from two weeks ago.
Check this out, with Tumwater High School’s Jayden Croft flipping over his shoulders to Jaime Bryant for the two-point conversion.
The fact that this same crazy play took place in two completely different games could be a strange coincidence, or it could be that the game featured on Sportscenter could have been a copy cat of this specific play. But if you dig a little deeper, you will learn that this play was also executed by Bethel College back in 2009 in NAIA action (after the jump)…
Can anyone find any earlier occurrence of this QB over the back lob play in a football game? If so, please share! In the meantime, be sure to check out these top plays from week five of the college football season.
Subscribe to the No 2-Minute Warning YouTube Channel.
Hype this up on BallHyped.