- Episode 161 – Skipping around spring football stories with Braden Gall
- This alternate matte-black helmet for Texas is not happening
- What color is this college football uniform?
- Diving in to the world of concept helmets
- NFL coaches over think critical moments too
- Video Mailbag: Best QB in 2015, Melvin Gordon among the greats, and the Shippensburg bar scene
- Episode 160 – Counting down to National Signing Day
- Coastal Carolina installing a new teal turf
- New UTSA helmet for 2015 has familiar Longhorn flavor
- UNLV rocking a scarlet helmet in 2015?
Cincinnati shows off Belk Bowl helmet
- Updated: December 17, 2012
This must be the reason Butch Jones left Cincinnati for Tennessee, right?
While these specially designed Cincinnati helmets are being shown off and receiving great praise from the Bearcat faithful leading up to the Belk Bowl, I regret to say I can not hop on board with this one. Hey, to each their own.
Truthfully, these are not the worst helmets we have seen come through the college football fashion turnstile, but this just seems to me to be one of those old 3D images where you have to cross your eyes and focus beyond the surface to reveal the true image, which in this case may be the Cincinnati logo.
Take a look…
Check out a few more images after the jump…
I’ll say this.
From a distance they actually look pretty good, because the checkerboard pattern is not as obvious. Up close though, these are a strain on the eyes. But hey, we’ll see what they look like under the lights when the time comes, right?
What do you think about these helmets? thumbs up or thumbs down? Share your thoughts with a comment.
Hype this up on BallHyped.
Subscribe to the No 2-Minute Warning YouTube Channel.
Subscribe to the No 2-Minute Warning Podcast on iTunes.