- Picking the NIT using football logic
- Picking the NCAA Basketball Tournament by who would win in football
- Tulane adds a matte black helmet to its (hopefully) alternate uniform in 2015
- SEC names Greg Sankey new commissioner, and he’s already one of the most powerful men in college football
- If Chip Kelly gets run out of NFL, he can always come home
- 5 college football stadiums ready to drop the puck for the NHL
- Episode 161 – Skipping around spring football stories with Braden Gall
- This alternate matte-black helmet for Texas is not happening
- What color is this college football uniform?
- Diving in to the world of concept helmets
College football’s least Googled searches of 2012
- Updated: December 12, 2012
year around this time we see reports on the most searched items of the year, according to Google and Yahoo! This year, the folks at Sports Pickle took a different approach by listing some of the least-searched items on Google this season.
Notre Dame was anything but a laughing stock this season, going undefeated with the inspirational story of linebacker and Heisman finalist Manti Te’o. As you might expect when the Fighting Irish go 12-0 in the regular season to clinch a spot in the BCS championship game, we all sort of ran out of reasons to tell any Notre Dame jokes with our friends and online. USC on the other hand…
Conference realignment continues to reshape the way we look at collegiate athletics. This bowl season we will officially pay our last respects to the WAC as a football entity and it may just be a matter of time before we say the same about the Big East. Years after Miami, Virginia Tech and Boston College opted to leave for the ACC, this past year and a couple of months has seen West Virginia leave for the Big 12, Pittsburgh, Syracuse and Louisville all announce plans to join the ACC and Rutgers announce a move to the Big Ten.
Penn State surprised a number of people this season by putting together a pretty solid and respectable 8-4 record under new head coach Bill O’Brien, but of course the Nittany Lions are excluded from postseason play for four years due to hefty NCAA sanctions levied over the summer. We do not need to tread down the background for this story by now, hopefully.
Check out the full list of Least Googles Sports Items this year on Sports Pickle.
Hype this up on BallHyped.
Subscribe to the No 2-Minute Warning YouTube Channel.
Subscribe to the No 2-Minute Warning Podcast on iTunes.