- Off-the-rail radio interview not something Jim Harbaugh needs to worry about
- Navy joins The American: Where AAC goes from here, and what about Army?
- College football returns next month; let’s hope ESPN doesn’t ruin it
- 2014 In Review: Year 2 of the American Athletic Conference
- Derugulation of conference titles would make Group of 5 chase for New Years Six better too
- South Carolina, Steve Spurrier and the Confederate Flag
- A before and after comparison of Syracuse’s new FieldTurf
- Happy (Washington State) Flag Day!
- Athlon Sports asks who has better shot at Top 25 finish; Michigan or Nebraska?
- Uniform Updates: Pitt getting new look in 2016, Syracuse bringing No. 44 back
New Tennessee helmet with checkerboard helmet stripe?
- Updated: December 14, 2012
Tennessee may have less than enthused Vols faithful with the the hiring of Cincinnati’s Butch Jones, but I have a lot of positive things to say about the hiring. One thing I think may go over smoother is this potentially new helmet design shown off on Twitter by a couple of Tennessee players.
You will notice that the overall helmet design is pretty straight forward, but take a closer look at the helmet stripe. The stripe is influenced by Tennessee’ signature checkerboard end zone pattern, and adding it to the helmet is a fantastic idea. It almost makes me wonder why nobody thought to do this before.
Here is another look at all angles…
Hype this up on BallHyped.
Subscribe to the No 2-Minute Warning YouTube Channel.
Subscribe to the No 2-Minute Warning Podcast on iTunes.