- Athlon Sports asks who has better shot at Top 25 finish; Michigan or Nebraska?
- Uniform Updates: Pitt getting new look in 2016, Syracuse bringing No. 44 back
- LSU’s Odell Beckham Jr. puts SEC on top when it comes to Madden NFL covers
- Bobby Bowden says SEC was too difficult for FSU and national title hopes
- Why is college football in a rush to change championship methods?
- UConn updates its look for 2015
- Michigan State’s bronze uniform look is growing on me
- Video: Eric LeGrand’s latest achievement unlocked
- UNC’s new uniforms actually make argyle pretty cool
- TCU’s new uniforms for 2015 unveiled
New Tennessee helmet with checkerboard helmet stripe?
- Updated: December 14, 2012
Tennessee may have less than enthused Vols faithful with the the hiring of Cincinnati’s Butch Jones, but I have a lot of positive things to say about the hiring. One thing I think may go over smoother is this potentially new helmet design shown off on Twitter by a couple of Tennessee players.
You will notice that the overall helmet design is pretty straight forward, but take a closer look at the helmet stripe. The stripe is influenced by Tennessee’ signature checkerboard end zone pattern, and adding it to the helmet is a fantastic idea. It almost makes me wonder why nobody thought to do this before.
Here is another look at all angles…
Hype this up on BallHyped.
Subscribe to the No 2-Minute Warning YouTube Channel.
Subscribe to the No 2-Minute Warning Podcast on iTunes.