- Power ranking Appalachian State’s 21 (yes, 21) new uniform combinations
- 2015 Preview: Picking the Mountain West Conference
- Why I applaud Braxton Miller’s refreshing dedication to Ohio State Buckeyes
- Podcast: An early preview of Pac-12 Media Days with Kyle Kensing
- Podcast: Mid-summer prep for college football
- Q&A: The state of BYU football in 2015, with Mitch Harper
- 2015 Preview: Picking Conference USA
- 2015 Preview: Picking the American Athletic Conference
- Tennessee joins the Nike family and shows off new uniforms
- Off-the-rail radio interview not something Jim Harbaugh needs to worry about
New Tennessee helmet with checkerboard helmet stripe?
- Updated: December 14, 2012
Tennessee may have less than enthused Vols faithful with the the hiring of Cincinnati’s Butch Jones, but I have a lot of positive things to say about the hiring. One thing I think may go over smoother is this potentially new helmet design shown off on Twitter by a couple of Tennessee players.
You will notice that the overall helmet design is pretty straight forward, but take a closer look at the helmet stripe. The stripe is influenced by Tennessee’ signature checkerboard end zone pattern, and adding it to the helmet is a fantastic idea. It almost makes me wonder why nobody thought to do this before.
Here is another look at all angles…
Hype this up on BallHyped.
Subscribe to the No 2-Minute Warning YouTube Channel.
Subscribe to the No 2-Minute Warning Podcast on iTunes.