- The Big Ten and what to do with the state of Indiana
- Picking the NIT using football logic
- Picking the NCAA Basketball Tournament by who would win in football
- Tulane adds a matte black helmet to its (hopefully) alternate uniform in 2015
- SEC names Greg Sankey new commissioner, and he’s already one of the most powerful men in college football
- If Chip Kelly gets run out of NFL, he can always come home
- 5 college football stadiums ready to drop the puck for the NHL
- Episode 161 – Skipping around spring football stories with Braden Gall
- This alternate matte-black helmet for Texas is not happening
- What color is this college football uniform?
Nevada introducing silver and white helmets as alternates
- Updated: January 28, 2013
The white alternate helmet seems to be continuing (and more are on the way). A day after catching a glimpse of Texas Tech’s supposed white helmet for the 2013 season, we now catch wind that Nevada could be the next in line for a white helmet. And, it seems, a silver helmet.
Cameron Hartsfield, a defensive back commitment for Nevada’s Class of 2013 out of Texas, shared a photo (via Twitter) of three Nevada helmets on a recent recruiting visit. In it we see Nevada’s standard blue helmet with logo. We also see what appears to be a silver helmet with the logo and a white version sits on top of the other two.
The white helmet craze is something I do not totally buy in to, long time readers will be well aware of, but I do fancy the silver helmet Nevada has presented. It looks as though the blue helmet will remain the standard for the Wolfpack as they enter year two of Mountain West Conference play in 2013. The silver and white helmets figure to be alternate helmets and as always we will await to see if there are specially designed uniforms to accompany the helmets. A silver-colored uniform for Nevada? I’m mildly interested to see what it would look like.
Remember that there is no current confirmation that these helmets will be used. Sometimes helmets can be used as recruiting tools on recruiting trips, but with the trend in college football uniforms and helmets we can feel comfortable in saying it is only a matter of time before we actually see these helmets hit the field.
What do you think about these new helmets for Nevada?
Hype this up on BallHyped!