Clean an sharp. These are super nice football uniforms.
- CFB Playoff coaches decorate for the holidays (video)
- Ohio State has some fun with numbers, and is wrong
- Episode 157 – Archie Griffin on the Heisman Trophy and Andy Coppens on Wisconsin’s surprise coaching search
- The Big 12’s biggest problem wasn’t the lack of a championship game
- The McGuire Metric vs. the College Football Playoff
- No 2-Minute Warning Podcast is now on iHeart Radio
- Wife Knows Best: Week 15 College Football Picks
- Episode 156 – The Big 12’s Playoff Picture
- Episode 155 – 2014 Pac-12 Championship Game Preview
- College Football Playoff Projection: Version 1.3
Nike shows off Alabama’s BCS Championship uniforms
- Updated: January 3, 2013
To the naked eye, Alabama will appear to be wearing their standard uniforms next week when the Crimson Tide take on Notre Dame for their second straight BCS championship. But upon closer inspection you will see that Nike has given a couple of new tweaks to the Alabama Pro Combat Hypercool uniform.
According to Nike, Alabama’s uniforms will be specially designed to improve temperature control keeping Alabama players cooler than any uniform designed by Nike before. This is not so much a new feature but a feature that has gradually bene improved over the last couple of years as Nike continues with the Pro Combat line of uniforms.
Per a Nike release:
The Crimson Tide uniforms will be upgraded to include Nike Chain Maille Mesh — a lightweight, ultra-breathable material that emphasizes improved thermoregulation. This new fabrication is incorporated into the back and under the arms of the jersey for exceptional ventilation without sacrificing durability. The white-on-white look, embellished with crimson accents, creates the iconic, bold silhouette for which the Tide is famous.
Alabama will also wear the new Nike Pro Combat Hypercool Speed Top featuring Nike Dri-Fit fabrication that transports moisture and sweat from the skin to the outside of the top, leaving the body cool and dry. Regulated for the weather with increased breathability and a streamlined fit, this revolutionary baselayer top features new innovative venting systems including laser perforation pods in a unique design pattern that help the body regulate temperature. It also features reinforced bonded seams as well as premium mesh underarm gussets for increased thermoregulation.
But enough about the mumbo jumbo descriptions. Let’s get to the photos so you can check it out for yourself…
More photos after the jump…
Sharp. Love them. What do you think?
Hype this up on BallHyped!
Subscribe to the No 2-Minute Warning YouTube Channel.
Subscribe to the No 2-Minute Warning Podcast on iTunes.