- 2015 Preview: Picking Conference USA
- 2015 Preview: Picking the American Athletic Conference
- Off-the-rail radio interview not something Jim Harbaugh needs to worry about
- Navy joins The American: Where AAC goes from here, and what about Army?
- College football returns next month; let’s hope ESPN doesn’t ruin it
- 2014 In Review: Year 2 of the American Athletic Conference
- Derugulation of conference titles would make Group of 5 chase for New Years Six better too
- South Carolina, Steve Spurrier and the Confederate Flag
- A before and after comparison of Syracuse’s new FieldTurf
- Happy (Washington State) Flag Day!
Southern Miss looking for a few good men
- Updated: January 30, 2013
Think you have what it takes to play division one college football bu could never land a scholarship? Southern Miss may have the opportunity for you.
Southern Mississippi, the 2011 Conference USA champions who are coming off an unfathomable 0-12 season in 2012, will hold open tryouts next Wednesday, February 6. Of course, this is also National Signing Day, which might lead some to think head coach Todd Monken is struggling to put together a decent recruiting class in his first year on the job.
Southern Miss is currently ranked 11th in Conference USA in recruiting rankings, with 19 verbal commitments lined up (this includes one junior college transfer). The Golden Eagles are ranked 91st overall by 247 Sports, a significant drop off from the Class of 2012 (66th).
You can view details for the open tryouts here.
Hype this up on BallHyped!