- Coastal Carolina installing a new teal turf
- New UTSA helmet for 2015 has familiar Longhorn flavor
- UNLV rocking a scarlet helmet in 2015?
- Critics cannot have it both ways with Cardale Jones’ decision
- Final McGuire Metric results: Buckeyes push Big Ten to the top
- The lesson to learn from the 2014 season: Let the season breathe
- My College Football Playoff National Championship Game Prediction
- Episode 159 – Big Ten Bounces Back
- FCS Championship Game: North Dakota State going for history
- Episode 158 – A not so Happy New Year for the SEC?
First look at Texas Tech’s white football helmet
- Updated: January 27, 2013
As we get closer and closer to National Signing Day (February 6) we are getting more and more looks at supposed new helmets for the 2013 college football season. We recently got a glimpse of Western Michigan’s new Boise State inspired helmets. Now it looks as though Texas Tech, known for their black and red look over the years, will adopt white as an alternate color.
A recent photo, which appears to have leaked from a recruiting trip and was shared by the Reddit community, shows a pair of texas Tech helmets. The black helmet gets a minor update with a red stripe. But of course the eye-catcher here is the white helmet, featuring a similar red stripe down the middle of the helmet with the standard Texas Tech logo on the side.
As far as I know these helmets have not been confirmed for official use, but it is likely we can expect to see the Red Raiders take the field at least once this season trying to play the role of the good guys wearing white helmets (and we can only assume with a white uniform, perhaps in a road game). Honestly, I cannot imagine a team like Texas Tech wearing a white helmet. Something about it just does not sit well with me.
But Texas Tech is not recruiting me, so whatever works for you Coach Kingsbury!
What do you think about the Texas Tech white helmet?
Helmet sticker to the Reddit community.
Hype this up on BallHyped!