- Wife Knows Best: Week 14 College Football Picks
- Who made my FWAA All-American ballot in 2014
- Wife Knows Best: Week 13 College Football Picks
- How your team will or will not win its conference or division
- Episode 153 – Doug Flutie on the Hail Flutie, Heisman Trophy race, playoffs and the Capital One Cup
- Don’t look now, but Boise State is now biggest threat to Marshall
- Heisman Watch: Wisconsin’s Melvin Gordon ready for B1G Heisman Showdown
- Episode 152 – Previewing Wisconsin-Nebraska
- Wife Knows Best: Week 12 College Football Picks
- McGuire Metric and College Football Playoff Contenders
UCF shows off artist renderings of new uniforms
- Updated: March 11, 2013
For Central Florida 2013 is about a new conference, new conference name, and new uniforms. With the help of Nike, UCF will debut a new uniform set for the 2013 season, the first after leaving Conference USA for the soon to be renamed remainder of the football Big East. Making them a little more unique is the fact that UCF will be the first to debut the Nike template nicknamed The Beast. [Insert Beast Mode jokes here]
Unfortunately the new uniforms have yet to be officially unveiled, but the school was kind enough to provide a tease with artist renderings using fancy computer graphics. So that will have to do for the time being.
A quick glance at the renderings shows little has changed in the uniform to the casual eye. The UCF uniforms could probably be swapped with Army and nobody would ever notice. One thing that will be new, at least under head coach George O’Leary, will be the addition of black pants. O’Leary is no fan of wearing black, according to The Orlando Sentinel, but they will at least be an option this season. With a black jersey, we can only assume there will be a black (knight) out for a game, and we’ll speculate along with The Orlando Sentinel that the Black Friday game against South Florida will be a top candidate for such an occasion.
There are no indications to any changes with the helmet for UCF, although I would endorse a golden chrome helmet to play up the Golden Knight theme. Think about what Rutgers did with their helmets last year and add a gold version. It could work. Free advice for you UCF. It’s your’s.
According to the school’s athletics department, this is the first time UCF has altered their football uniforms since 2010. That was the first year the school partnered with Nike.
HT: The Nike Blog