- Athlon Sports asks who has better shot at Top 25 finish; Michigan or Nebraska?
- Uniform Updates: Pitt getting new look in 2016, Syracuse bringing No. 44 back
- LSU’s Odell Beckham Jr. puts SEC on top when it comes to Madden NFL covers
- Bobby Bowden says SEC was too difficult for FSU and national title hopes
- Why is college football in a rush to change championship methods?
- UConn updates its look for 2015
- Michigan State’s bronze uniform look is growing on me
- Video: Eric LeGrand’s latest achievement unlocked
- UNC’s new uniforms actually make argyle pretty cool
- TCU’s new uniforms for 2015 unveiled
UCF shows off artist renderings of new uniforms
- Updated: March 11, 2013
For Central Florida 2013 is about a new conference, new conference name, and new uniforms. With the help of Nike, UCF will debut a new uniform set for the 2013 season, the first after leaving Conference USA for the soon to be renamed remainder of the football Big East. Making them a little more unique is the fact that UCF will be the first to debut the Nike template nicknamed The Beast. [Insert Beast Mode jokes here]
Unfortunately the new uniforms have yet to be officially unveiled, but the school was kind enough to provide a tease with artist renderings using fancy computer graphics. So that will have to do for the time being.
A quick glance at the renderings shows little has changed in the uniform to the casual eye. The UCF uniforms could probably be swapped with Army and nobody would ever notice. One thing that will be new, at least under head coach George O’Leary, will be the addition of black pants. O’Leary is no fan of wearing black, according to The Orlando Sentinel, but they will at least be an option this season. With a black jersey, we can only assume there will be a black (knight) out for a game, and we’ll speculate along with The Orlando Sentinel that the Black Friday game against South Florida will be a top candidate for such an occasion.
There are no indications to any changes with the helmet for UCF, although I would endorse a golden chrome helmet to play up the Golden Knight theme. Think about what Rutgers did with their helmets last year and add a gold version. It could work. Free advice for you UCF. It’s your’s.
According to the school’s athletics department, this is the first time UCF has altered their football uniforms since 2010. That was the first year the school partnered with Nike.
HT: The Nike Blog