- Video: Oregon Duck pancakes are great way to start winning the day
- Bowl Notebook: Utes win big for Pac-12, USA coach is tough
- CFB Playoff coaches decorate for the holidays (video)
- Ohio State has some fun with numbers, and is wrong
- Episode 157 – Archie Griffin on the Heisman Trophy and Andy Coppens on Wisconsin’s surprise coaching search
- The Big 12’s biggest problem wasn’t the lack of a championship game
- The McGuire Metric vs. the College Football Playoff
- No 2-Minute Warning Podcast is now on iHeart Radio
- Wife Knows Best: Week 15 College Football Picks
- Episode 156 – The Big 12’s Playoff Picture
UCF shows off artist renderings of new uniforms
- Updated: March 11, 2013
For Central Florida 2013 is about a new conference, new conference name, and new uniforms. With the help of Nike, UCF will debut a new uniform set for the 2013 season, the first after leaving Conference USA for the soon to be renamed remainder of the football Big East. Making them a little more unique is the fact that UCF will be the first to debut the Nike template nicknamed The Beast. [Insert Beast Mode jokes here]
Unfortunately the new uniforms have yet to be officially unveiled, but the school was kind enough to provide a tease with artist renderings using fancy computer graphics. So that will have to do for the time being.
A quick glance at the renderings shows little has changed in the uniform to the casual eye. The UCF uniforms could probably be swapped with Army and nobody would ever notice. One thing that will be new, at least under head coach George O’Leary, will be the addition of black pants. O’Leary is no fan of wearing black, according to The Orlando Sentinel, but they will at least be an option this season. With a black jersey, we can only assume there will be a black (knight) out for a game, and we’ll speculate along with The Orlando Sentinel that the Black Friday game against South Florida will be a top candidate for such an occasion.
There are no indications to any changes with the helmet for UCF, although I would endorse a golden chrome helmet to play up the Golden Knight theme. Think about what Rutgers did with their helmets last year and add a gold version. It could work. Free advice for you UCF. It’s your’s.
According to the school’s athletics department, this is the first time UCF has altered their football uniforms since 2010. That was the first year the school partnered with Nike.
HT: The Nike Blog