- Picking the NIT using football logic
- Picking the NCAA Basketball Tournament by who would win in football
- Tulane adds a matte black helmet to its (hopefully) alternate uniform in 2015
- SEC names Greg Sankey new commissioner, and he’s already one of the most powerful men in college football
- If Chip Kelly gets run out of NFL, he can always come home
- 5 college football stadiums ready to drop the puck for the NHL
- Episode 161 – Skipping around spring football stories with Braden Gall
- This alternate matte-black helmet for Texas is not happening
- What color is this college football uniform?
- Diving in to the world of concept helmets
Western Kentucky adding a new (chrome reflective?) helmet in 2013
- Updated: March 29, 2013
Just another reason to embrace social media. Bobby Petrino, the new head coach at Western Kentucky, just tweeted a photo of a new Western Kentucky helmet, and it is stunning.
— Bobby Petrino (@CoachPetrinoWKU) March 29, 2013
What do I think coach? I love it.
Judging just by this photo (view larger image), it looks as though the Hilltoppers will be wearing a reflective chrome helmet with red stripe and face mask, along with the unique hand-towel logo on the side. At this exact moment I have no idea if this is a permanent helmet replacement or a special alternate helmet. I do, however, know that I am giving it two enthusiastic thumbs up.
Will there be a new uniform that goes with this helmet, specifically? We will just have to follow Coach Petrino on Twitter to find out.
Now, what do you think about the new helmet?