- Tim Beckman gets a fast pass to the 2015 Coaching Carousel
- 2015 Preview: Picking the Pac-12
- Podcast: Discussing Maurice Clarett’s latest impact on college football with Aaron Torres
- 2015 college football new season resolutions
- 2015 Preview: Picking the Big Ten
- Podcast: The Thinking Fan’s Guide to Year 2 of the College Football Playoff with Stewart Mandel
- Re-casting Fantastic Four with college football’s mightiest
- Sports Illustrated college football preseason preview issues feature Ohio State, TCU, Dak Prescott and Notre Dame
- 2015 Preview: Picking the Big 12
- State of Ohio trumps preseason football predictions
Western Kentucky adding a new (chrome reflective?) helmet in 2013
- Updated: March 29, 2013
Just another reason to embrace social media. Bobby Petrino, the new head coach at Western Kentucky, just tweeted a photo of a new Western Kentucky helmet, and it is stunning.
— Bobby Petrino (@CoachPetrinoWKU) March 29, 2013
What do I think coach? I love it.
Judging just by this photo (view larger image), it looks as though the Hilltoppers will be wearing a reflective chrome helmet with red stripe and face mask, along with the unique hand-towel logo on the side. At this exact moment I have no idea if this is a permanent helmet replacement or a special alternate helmet. I do, however, know that I am giving it two enthusiastic thumbs up.
Will there be a new uniform that goes with this helmet, specifically? We will just have to follow Coach Petrino on Twitter to find out.
Now, what do you think about the new helmet?