- Power ranking Appalachian State’s 21 (yes, 21) new uniform combinations
- 2015 Preview: Picking the Mountain West Conference
- Why I applaud Braxton Miller’s refreshing dedication to Ohio State Buckeyes
- Podcast: An early preview of Pac-12 Media Days with Kyle Kensing
- Podcast: Mid-summer prep for college football
- Q&A: The state of BYU football in 2015, with Mitch Harper
- 2015 Preview: Picking Conference USA
- 2015 Preview: Picking the American Athletic Conference
- Tennessee joins the Nike family and shows off new uniforms
- Off-the-rail radio interview not something Jim Harbaugh needs to worry about
A closer look at Florida Atlantic’s new helmet options
- Updated: April 22, 2013
Last week on Crystal Ball Run I shared with readers the news that Florida Atlantic was asking fans to vote on five different helmet options for the 2013 season. The idea, to me, seemed like a great idea to get fans involved at the annual spring game at a time when a program like Florida Atlantic may struggle to stay in the mindset of college football fans.
Now, we have a look at each of the helmets up fr consideration. You can view them each in the slide show attached by clicking on any photo to get started. I would lend my support for the matte gray helmet with logo on one side and uniform number on the other. But the truth is I still prefer the previous helmet over any of these options. Perhaps if FAU could keep that old helmet logo design instead of the new, updated one I could hop on board with a little more satisfaction.
All photos are via Sun Sentinel.