- Podcast: Going on record with CFB Playoff picks and Week 1
- Tim Beckman gets a fast pass to the 2015 Coaching Carousel
- 2015 Preview: Picking the Pac-12
- Podcast: Discussing Maurice Clarett’s latest impact on college football with Aaron Torres
- 2015 college football new season resolutions
- 2015 Preview: Picking the Big Ten
- Podcast: The Thinking Fan’s Guide to Year 2 of the College Football Playoff with Stewart Mandel
- Re-casting Fantastic Four with college football’s mightiest
- Sports Illustrated college football preseason preview issues feature Ohio State, TCU, Dak Prescott and Notre Dame
- 2015 Preview: Picking the Big 12
Campus Insiders looks at incoming star QBs at USC, Penn State
- Updated: June 14, 2013
Penn State released the first official depth chart of the 2013 season after the spring yesterday. Not surprisingly, JUCO transfer quarterback Tyler Ferguson and incoming freshman Christian Hackenberg are each listed at the top of the depth chart with the sometimes dreaded “or” in between the two. We have known for a while that Bill O’Brien was going to take his time in evaluating his options. I still think when week one comes around it will be Ferguson leading the Penn State offense to start things off, but I would not be surprised at all if Hackenberg ends the season as the starting quarterback.
Out at USC the Trojans could be ready to jump head first in to the Max Browne era, with the hopes of seeing him lead the Trojans back to the top by building a foundation right away. Between Browne and Hackenberg, we have a pair of talented quarterbacks looking to restore the pride and glory in their repsective programs.
Campus Insiders took a look at these two, and more, in a video posted today. The main focus is on Browne, but they also included a tweet of mine discussing Hackenberg. Check it out.