- 2015 Preview: Picking Conference USA
- 2015 Preview: Picking the American Athletic Conference
- Off-the-rail radio interview not something Jim Harbaugh needs to worry about
- Navy joins The American: Where AAC goes from here, and what about Army?
- College football returns next month; let’s hope ESPN doesn’t ruin it
- 2014 In Review: Year 2 of the American Athletic Conference
- Derugulation of conference titles would make Group of 5 chase for New Years Six better too
- South Carolina, Steve Spurrier and the Confederate Flag
- A before and after comparison of Syracuse’s new FieldTurf
- Happy (Washington State) Flag Day!
Oregon takes “trash talk” to new levels
- Updated: June 30, 2013
Rivalries in college football are great. The feud between Oregon and Oregon State, The Civil War, is a pretty intense one out on the west coast. The Ducks have won five straight meetings on the football field, including last season’s 48-24 triumph in Corvallis. Oregon leads the all-time series 60-46-10.
This off-season Oregon has done some renovating on their football facility, including new trash cans apparently poking fun at their in-state rivals at Oregon State. There is nothing tasteless about this in my book, and I can’t help but applaud this nice touch of humor.
Oregon will host Oregon State on Friday, November 29 this season in Autzen Stadium. A chance to play in the Pac 12 Championship Game the following week could very well be on the line if the Beavers manage to build off of last season’s success.
UPDATE (June 2, 2013): Rob Moseley, who covers the Ducks for the Register-Guard, informs us all that Oregon also recycles their trash as well…
— Rob Moseley (@DuckFootball) July 2, 2013