- Get ready to debate one-loss playoff contenders
- Wife Knows Best: Week 9 college football picks
- Wife Knows Best: Week 8 college football picks
- Heisman Watch: Golson needs some Luck of the Irish vs. Florida State
- Episode 149 – Autograph Signings and Week 8 Preview
- Examining Illinois’ alternate “Gray Ghost” uniform
- Fighting Irish fighting for national respect vs. Florida State
- College Football Playoff Projection: Version 1.1
- Heisman Watch: Watch Out for the Dak Attack
- Can Week 7 possibly match the drama of Week 6?
Oregon takes “trash talk” to new levels
- Updated: June 30, 2013
Rivalries in college football are great. The feud between Oregon and Oregon State, The Civil War, is a pretty intense one out on the west coast. The Ducks have won five straight meetings on the football field, including last season’s 48-24 triumph in Corvallis. Oregon leads the all-time series 60-46-10.
This off-season Oregon has done some renovating on their football facility, including new trash cans apparently poking fun at their in-state rivals at Oregon State. There is nothing tasteless about this in my book, and I can’t help but applaud this nice touch of humor.
Oregon will host Oregon State on Friday, November 29 this season in Autzen Stadium. A chance to play in the Pac 12 Championship Game the following week could very well be on the line if the Beavers manage to build off of last season’s success.
UPDATE (June 2, 2013): Rob Moseley, who covers the Ducks for the Register-Guard, informs us all that Oregon also recycles their trash as well…
— Rob Moseley (@DuckFootball) July 2, 2013