- Video Mailbag: Best QB in 2015, Melvin Gordon among the greats, and the Shippensburg bar scene
- Episode 160 – Counting down to National Signing Day
- Coastal Carolina installing a new teal turf
- New UTSA helmet for 2015 has familiar Longhorn flavor
- UNLV rocking a scarlet helmet in 2015?
- Critics cannot have it both ways with Cardale Jones’ decision
- Final McGuire Metric results: Buckeyes push Big Ten to the top
- The lesson to learn from the 2014 season: Let the season breathe
- My College Football Playoff National Championship Game Prediction
- Episode 159 – Big Ten Bounces Back
Episode 141 – Big Ten media day questions with Andy Coppens
- Updated: July 23, 2013
The SEC got things started last week and the ACC and Big 12 kept us from starving for college football news. On Wednesday the Big Ten takes the stage with their annual football media day event in Chicago. Commissioner Jim Delany will be sure to provide some quotes worth nitpicking for many and coaches from each of the 12 current members will field questions about their teams as well as the players. It should be an interesting couple of days in Chicago.
Ohio State looks to be the runaway favorite in the Big Ten in 2013. In fact, the Buckeyes are my preseason pick over Nebraska and I’m sending quarterback Braxton Miller to New York as my Heisman favorite this fall. But should we just put Ohio State down in Sharpie as conference champion or will another challenger emerge? I have Nebraska going 11-1 and the Huskers could pose a threat to the BCS title dreams of the Buckeyes. We also have some teams worth watching at Northwestern and Indiana (no, really) and there is a question as to whether or not Brady Hoke can have Michigan play the role of legitimate threat and whether or not Penn State can build a winning season with so much uncertainty at quarterback and shallow depth.
People generally refer to me as a Big Ten guy but any time I talk Big Ten on this podcast I am likely to reach out to Andy Coppens, managing editor of The B1G Time (@TheB1GTime) and Madtown Badgers (@MTBadgers). Coppens will be heading to Big Ten media day this week so I wanted to get his pulse on the conference
NOTE: This podcast was recorded as the Ohio State news from Monday was breaking. Because nothing had been confirmed or thoroughly reported as we were recording, we opted not to discuss the status of Carlos Hyde and Bradley Roby.
Audio widget not showing up below? Click here to listen to the full podcast.