- Athlon Sports asks who has better shot at Top 25 finish; Michigan or Nebraska?
- Uniform Updates: Pitt getting new look in 2016, Syracuse bringing No. 44 back
- LSU’s Odell Beckham Jr. puts SEC on top when it comes to Madden NFL covers
- Bobby Bowden says SEC was too difficult for FSU and national title hopes
- Why is college football in a rush to change championship methods?
- UConn updates its look for 2015
- Michigan State’s bronze uniform look is growing on me
- Video: Eric LeGrand’s latest achievement unlocked
- UNC’s new uniforms actually make argyle pretty cool
- TCU’s new uniforms for 2015 unveiled
No2MinuteWarning.com Top 25, Week 2
- Updated: September 3, 2013
Alabama, Ohio State and Oregon remain locked in to the top three spots in my week two top 25 this week after opening their respective seasons with a win, but after that we have some changes to make note of. Stanford, despite not playing, moved up after Georgia took a loss and Florida left me unconvinced of deserving of such a high ranking in my preseason ranking. LSU, Clemson and Louisville all impressed me though and were rewarded by moving up in the rankings in week two. I moved South Carolina and Oklahoma State up a spot following their wins as well.
Nebraska took the biggest fall within the top 25 despite pulling out a victory against Wyoming. I had the Huskers starting the season ranked No. 12 but dropped them to No. 23 this week. Boise State was blown out on the road by Washington, so I removed the Broncos from my top 25 and introduced the Huskies in to my ranking as a reward for a opening weekend statement. Pac 12 North division rival Oregon State also had to be dropped from the ranking following a home upset loss to FCS force Eastern Washington.
Joining Washington as new teams in my top 25 this week are Wisconsin and Northern Illinois. The Badgers ran away with a win in Camp Randall on Saturday and Northern Illinois managed to leave Iowa with a win over the Hawkeyes. You usually need to do more than beat Iowa to get anywhere in my ranking, but I credit Jordan Lynch and the Huskies for picking up revenge for their lone regular season loss in 2012 and doing s in Big Ten country. They were on my radar to start the season as well.
Other teams on my radar following week one are Central Florida, Cincinnati and Penn State. Central Florida and Cincinnati had opening weekend blowout victories while Penn State found a quarterback against Syracuse in MetLife Stadium.
Each week I will cast my updated top 25 ballot to the #SMCTop25 and share it here with you.
2. Ohio State
8. South Carolina
10. Oklahoma State
11. Florida State
16. Notre Dame
25. Northern Illinois
Dropped Out: Boise State, Oregon State
On the Radar: Central Florida, Central Florida, North Carolina State, Penn State